Tranny Trouble codes

Old July 6th 04, 02:12 AM
jonnymcfly

Default Tranny Trouble codes

1995 saturn sl1 1.9 liter. Tranny acts really wierd when its hot. Shifts
jumps gears and stuff. Engine light somes on. I check for codes and I get
The following service engine soon codes :
12 12 12 11 11 11
Then the radiator and temp light on teh right hand side start blinking
this sequence
22 22 22 23 23 23

What are the lights blinking for on those. I thought only the engine light
blinked trouble codes
Are those Tranny codes. cuz the first code code 11 says tranny code but
thats all I see. Any ideas on what it might be ?

Old July 6th 04, 04:43 AM
Lane

Some excellent instructions and a list of codes can be found he
http://www.differentracing.com/tech_articles/index.html

Any Haynes or Chilton manual will give additional info on what each code
means.

Lane [ l a n e @ p a i r . c o m ]
---
Visit my Saturn Car Audio and Performance Page at http://www57.pair.com/lane

lkaboutautos.com...

Old July 6th 04, 07:02 AM
jonnymcfly

It says no second and no third gear. I changed the fluid and drove it
around for only a little bit and it found only no second gear code that
time. It does shift in to those gears sometimes. Seems to slip a little in
between 3rd and 4th unless thats natural. Still has that problem where it
seems to think before going into reverse but when it does its locked no
slip. But when it gets hot it won;t go into reverse at all.

Any hints on what step to take next ?
p.s I thank you sir for the link to that fine page.To which I found the
codes.

Old July 6th 04, 10:37 PM
Shawn

My 95 did this, use to slip gear. Said no third gear. It also use to
hesitate going in reverse.(when hot)
Replaced the valve body, this cured mine. No problem in three years.
Knock on wood!!!!!
"jonnymcfly" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> 1995 saturn sl1 1.9 liter. Tranny acts really wierd when its hot. Shifts
> jumps gears and stuff. Engine light somes on. I check for codes and I get
> The following service engine soon codes :
> 12 12 12 11 11 11
> Then the radiator and temp light on teh right hand side start blinking
> this sequence
> 22 22 22 23 23 23
>
> What are the lights blinking for on those. I thought only the engine light
> blinked trouble codes
> Are those Tranny codes. cuz the first code code 11 says tranny code but
> thats all I see. Any ideas on what it might be ?

OT - OBD2 Trouble Codes Jeff Strickland Jeep 1 December 29th 04 06:28 AM
trouble codes Ron Jeep 4 December 24th 04 04:19 AM
new vette! (For me) got trouble codes jameson Corvette 6 September 29th 04 04:37 AM