BIG BROTHER IS COMING!! (was: teen driver alert)

Old December 13th 04, 07:43 PM
Bill 2

"GPSMike" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Agreed, that's why we have GeoFence. It's configurable and it can send
> an email/page etc
> The geo-fence radius can extend from 1/10th of a mile to 22˝ miles.
> Units come pre-configured to Ľ of a mile standard, however you can
> customize your unit to your geo-fencing needs.

So after I park my car for the night I'd have to spend more access units
adjusting the geofense, then readjust it in the morning? Sound like a great
way to drive up access fees. That along with spending access unit activating
and deactivating the starter every night.

> As of Nov 1st our newer units that are getting shipped out have the
> newer antennae which only requires a fractio of the required signal
> strength needed of a standard cell phone. (lower bandwidth
> requirements helps in extending range) So yes, you may be stuck with no
> cell phone, but your system will still be able to report it's location.

> Or Canada
> http://vehiclelocate.net/img/cov_can_big.jpg

Too bad you use A-Band in Canada. B-Band has much better rural coverage.

Old December 14th 04, 12:03 AM
Olaf Gustafson

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 05:23:41 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:

>http://www.vehiclelocate.net/images/...left_image.jpg
>
>But when you actually go through the demo, you discover that, while it
>does indeed show you a "satellite" (actually aerial) photo of the
>area, the photo is an OLD one, not one taken the moment you request
>the vehicle's location. Of course, your car is nowhere to be seen in
>the picture.

But you should already know what your car looks like.
Old December 14th 04, 12:03 AM
Olaf Gustafson

Old December 15th 04, 12:51 AM
GPSMike