4 Speed automatic in 2005 minivans

Old December 9th 04, 04:43 PM
Jeff Wieland

Default 4 Speed automatic in 2005 minivans

Is the 4 speed automatic used in the current Caravan and Town & Country
as troublesome as the one used in the older (mid-'90's) minivans? Are
they even called Ultradrive these days?
--
Jeff Wieland
Old December 9th 04, 06:31 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, Jeff Wieland wrote:

> Is the 4 speed automatic used in the current Caravan and Town & Country
> as troublesome as the one used in the older (mid-'90's) minivans?

No.

> Are
> they even called Ultradrive these days?

Haven't been called "Ultradrive" since 1991. What's in a name?
Old December 9th 04, 06:31 PM
Daniel J. Stern

Old December 9th 04, 09:22 PM
KokomoKid

They're not called Ultradrive, and they have gotten more reliable than the
earlier ones. I think they are still basically the same transmission, but
they've fixed many of the "bugs."

Old December 9th 04, 09:22 PM
KokomoKid

Old December 9th 04, 09:35 PM
Art

Chrysler 4 speed is quite good these days if you change the fluid with the
correct fluid every 30k miles. Usually if something goes wrong it is just
one of the 2 cheap to replace sensors. Unfortuantely, a crooked AT shop
could tell the gullible that they need a new AT. Don't believe them.

Old December 9th 04, 09:35 PM
Art

Old December 9th 04, 10:41 PM
Punch

"Daniel J. Stern" > wrote in message
.umich.edu...
> On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, Jeff Wieland wrote:
>
>> Is the 4 speed automatic used in the current Caravan and Town & Country
>> as troublesome as the one used in the older (mid-'90's) minivans?

> No.
>
>> Are
>> they even called Ultradrive these days?

> Haven't been called "Ultradrive" since 1991. What's in a name?

if its the same as in the 2003 pt cruiser's, its a solid tranny until you
reach 300hp, then look out.

Old December 9th 04, 10:41 PM
Punch

Old December 11th 04, 01:45 AM
Jeff Wieland

In article ch.edu> "Daniel J. Stern" > writes:
>On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, Jeff Wieland wrote:
>
>> Is the 4 speed automatic used in the current Caravan and Town & Country
>> as troublesome as the one used in the older (mid-'90's) minivans?

>No.
>
>> Are
>> they even called Ultradrive these days?

>Haven't been called "Ultradrive" since 1991. What's in a name?

The name "TorqueFlite" was worth quite a bit...
--
Jeff Wieland