What's wrong with ticket quotas for Highway Patrolmen?

Old August 24th 06, 05:03 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Default What's wrong with ticket quotas for Highway Patrolmen?

It's not like the cops make up the charges. The speeders and DUIs and
red light runners are everywhere doing their killing and maiming of
innocent people. As it is, the cops don't even catch 1% of these
deadly psychopaths. So i'm all for ticket quotas and i want them
raised. Only a criminal coddler thinks otherwise.
Old August 24th 06, 05:28 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Amy Likes Pot!

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS > wrote:
> It's not like the cops make up the charges. The speeders and DUIs and
> red light runners are everywhere doing their killing and maiming of
> innocent people. As it is, the cops don't even catch 1% of these
> deadly psychopaths. So i'm all for ticket quotas and i want them
> raised. Only a criminal coddler thinks otherwise.

Me too! I think that qoutas are great, because you know that the cops are
all lazy *******s and they aren't going to fulfill their qoatas until the
end of the month. That means that speeding and other traffic offences can
pretty much be done at the beginning of the month and you won't get caught.
Old August 24th 06, 05:31 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Alan Baker

In article >,
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS > wrote:

> It's not like the cops make up the charges. The speeders and DUIs and
> red light runners are everywhere doing their killing and maiming of
> innocent people. As it is, the cops don't even catch 1% of these
> deadly psychopaths. So i'm all for ticket quotas and i want them
> raised. Only a criminal coddler thinks otherwise.

The assumption made by the courts is that the police officer's testimony
(should it come to that) is truthful because he has no reason to lie.

Quotas give him a reason to lie.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old August 24th 06, 05:38 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Barry L. Camp

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:

> It's not like the cops make up the charges.

Nonsense.

Where speeding comes into play... it happens all the time. Someone
going right at the limit can be pulled over and written up for 10 over,
and it can be made to stick.

Conversely, on the Interstate near where I live, the 85th Percentile is
10 over, and state cops let cars go by without stopping them.

> The speeders and DUIs and
> red light runners are everywhere doing their killing and maiming of
> innocent people. As it is, the cops don't even catch 1% of these
> deadly psychopaths.

Got hard documentation for that?

Do you know how many people run red lights to make the 1% claim? What's
the number in which report?

Do you know whether ALL people who blow through a red light really are
"deadly psychopaths"? Do you have documentation for that as well?

I don't condone neither speeding nor disobeying any form of traffic
control device, and I am very much against drinking and driving. But
branding someone who does DUI as a "deadly psychopath" is a bit over
the top, IMHO.

> So i'm all for ticket quotas and i want them
> raised. Only a criminal coddler thinks otherwise.

All ticket quotas do is perpetuate an illusion. They make the cop look
like he's doing his job, when that may be debatable. After all... has
speeding been stopped? How about DUI's? Those gone down much at all
because of the legal penalties? Don't think so.

But I can be PROVEN wrong. With HARD FACTS.

Old August 24th 06, 05:41 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
gerry

Uh, so you never heard of speed traps, areas where the speed limit
takes a sharp drop and the number of tickets shoots up, all for the
purpose of raising revenue for sleazy politicians and their cronies.
Don't forget the auto insurance companies, who get a chance to jack up
insurance rates based on the points you accumulate from traffic
tickets. And the term is highway patrol officers, since police
departments have hired female officers at times in therecent past.

Old August 24th 06, 06:08 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 16:31:28 GMT, Alan Baker >
wrote:

>In article >,
> Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS > wrote:
>
>> It's not like the cops make up the charges. The speeders and DUIs and
>> red light runners are everywhere doing their killing and maiming of
>> innocent people. As it is, the cops don't even catch 1% of these
>> deadly psychopaths. So i'm all for ticket quotas and i want them
>> raised. Only a criminal coddler thinks otherwise.

>The assumption made by the courts is that the police officer's testimony
>(should it come to that) is truthful because he has no reason to lie.
>
>Quotas give him a reason to lie.

Hey dood. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. Case closed.
Old August 24th 06, 06:10 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime

On 24 Aug 2006 09:41:00 -0700, "gerry" > wrote:

>Uh, so you never heard of speed traps, areas where the speed limit
>takes a sharp drop and the number of tickets shoots up, all for the
>purpose of raising revenue for sleazy politicians and their cronies.

So?? You're still breaking the law. And if you're so concerned with
politicians getting rich off speeding fines, then let's hand out
license suspensions instead. You want that?
Old August 24th 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
-L.

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> It's not like the cops make up the charges.

LOL...What planet do you live on?

-L.