RE-GROUND

Old May 14th 06, 05:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default RE-GROUND

So much for period,

Replaced the ignition switch after having to replace the turnsignal and
wiper switches because of my stupidity taking them out, messed em up.
Problem still exsists. Guess I'll clean the connections on the starter next

Old May 14th 06, 05:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

"Steve Lawman" > wrote in
:

> So much for period,
>
> Replaced the ignition switch after having to replace the turnsignal
> and wiper switches because of my stupidity taking them out, messed em
> up. Problem still exsists. Guess I'll clean the connections on the
> starter next

How do the wires look? Usually they're corroded at the terminals and under
the insulation for a little ways - sometimes up to an inch. Some use
muriatic acid to clean them - I just dip them in a cup of it and then rinse
well, but that's prolly not recommended procedure. If corroded, that part
should be removed and replaced. Trouble is, you might need to go back quite
a ways to get good soldering material. If you were to run a jumper cable up
to the front, I bet you'll have lotsa juice. (Careful!) -BaH (Sorry if this
was covered earlier)

--
-BaH
Dave Pearson