Newby questions!

Old February 28th 05, 03:30 PM
XS11E

Default Newby questions!

What's the preferred cheapy manual for Miatas, Clymer, Haynes, ????

Can the clutch be adjusted? Mine released and engages way too high,
I'd like it to be a little closer to the floor when it engages.

Old February 28th 05, 03:35 PM
XS11E

XS11E > wrote in
:

Oh, and by the way, I've got to shower, shave and go pick up the car,
I'm not as excited as I was 60+ years ago waiting for Christmas morning
but... the difference isn't as great as you might think. I've not been
excited about a car since... well, can't recall when?

Next time you hear from me, it'll be sitting in the driveway.

Old February 28th 05, 03:41 PM
gixer

I've got the Haynes and one called Mazda Miata Enthusiast's shop manual by
Rod Grainger and Pete Shoemark,
The later is better as it has more details, but is for is mainly Americans
with it's terminology
The Haynes procedures are easier to understand and follow for us Europeans,
but I still find myself going to the Enthusiasts manual for more details.

Old February 28th 05, 05:24 PM
gixer

Good on ya mate,
Get that top down and feel the wind, unless of course it starts your
arthritis off.

Old February 28th 05, 08:26 PM
XS11E

"gixer" > wrote in
:

> Get that top down and feel the wind, unless of course it starts
> your arthritis off.

It's here, title is transferred, new license plate is installed and I'm
OUTA HERE! Probably headed for Tortilla Flats, lots of twistys on the
way....

Old February 28th 05, 08:36 PM
XS11E

"gixer" > wrote in
:

> I've got the Haynes and one called Mazda Miata Enthusiast's shop
> manual by Rod Grainger and Pete Shoemark,
> The later is better as it has more details, but is for is mainly
> Americans with it's terminology

Fortunately, I can speak American!

> The Haynes procedures are easier to understand and follow for us
> Europeans, but I still find myself going to the Enthusiasts manual
> for more details.

OK, I'll try and find one, thanks a lot.

This gotta be it:

/1874105596/ref=ase_miatanet/102-8743784-9379323?v=glance&s=books

Or: http://tinyurl.com/4x9nf

Now it's put the top down and away I go!

Old February 28th 05, 09:58 PM
Natman

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 08:30:12 -0700, XS11E >
wrote:

>What's the preferred cheapy manual for Miatas, Clymer, Haynes, ????
>
>Can the clutch be adjusted? Mine released and engages way too high,
>I'd like it to be a little closer to the floor when it engages.

What year is your new acquisition?
Old March 1st 05, 09:51 AM
Eric Baber

> This gotta be it:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-
> /1874105596/ref=ase_miatanet/102-8743784-9379323?v=glance&s=books
>
> Or: http://tinyurl.com/4x9nf

That's the one. I agree with Mark, that's by far the better, more detailed
one (and it even works for me here in the UK!)

Eric

Old March 1st 05, 12:33 PM
gixer

Hey ya laugh, but it takes some getting your head around some of this
terminology you yanks use.
I don't know what have you guys done to the English language, besides rape
it.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846

Is the one i have, but mines a 94.