Audi A6 and 90,000 mile maintenance

Old November 1st 04, 12:02 AM
Jamie Thingelstad

Default Audi A6 and 90,000 mile maintenance

Hello All,

I've got an Audi A6 Avant Quattro from 1999. I have 108,000 miles on the
car and have not had the 90,000 mile maintenance done. The dealer wants
$1,900 for it so it's not a small thing.

I'm curious how crucial people think this 90,000 mile maintenance is?

Also, it seems my CV boots are damaged in the front and need to be
replaced at a cost of $900 for the pair. Ouch..
Old November 1st 04, 01:10 AM
Tony

"Jamie Thingelstad" > wrote in message
> Hello All,
>
> I've got an Audi A6 Avant Quattro from 1999. I have 108,000 miles on the
> car and have not had the 90,000 mile maintenance done. The dealer wants
> $1,900 for it so it's not a small thing.
>
> I'm curious how crucial people think this 90,000 mile maintenance is?
>
> Also, it seems my CV boots are damaged in the front and need to be
> replaced at a cost of $900 for the pair. Ouch..

You absolutely need to change the Timing Belt, tensioner and pulley; there
is no way around this. If you have a good local Audi shop near you it would
probably be more reasonable $$.

Old November 1st 04, 11:55 AM
John Clark

Where are you located? Find a local Audi shop. I had my 90k service done
with complete timing belt job and tune up for $700.

Old November 1st 04, 02:13 PM
Jamie Thingelstad

I am in Minneapolis, MN. I usually just work with the dealer which is
Carousel Audi. Any recommendations for a better Audi place in Minneapolis?

Old November 1st 04, 08:42 PM
Dave Lugo

Jamie Thingelstad wrote:
> I am in Minneapolis, MN. I usually just work with the dealer which is
> Carousel Audi. Any recommendations for a better Audi place in Minneapolis?

try asking he

http://www.audiworld.com/forum/midwest.html

(you'll need to register, it's free)

Dave Lugo LC Unit #260 TINLC
Have you hugged your firewall today? No spam, thanks.
Are you the police? . . . . No ma'am, we're sysadmins.
Old November 2nd 04, 02:36 PM
Jens

"Tony" > skrev i en meddelelse
news

> "Jamie Thingelstad" > wrote in
> message
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I've got an Audi A6 Avant Quattro from 1999. I have 108,000 miles on the
>> car and have not had the 90,000 mile maintenance done. The dealer wants
>> $1,900 for it so it's not a small thing.
>>
>> I'm curious how crucial people think this 90,000 mile maintenance is?
>>
>> Also, it seems my CV boots are damaged in the front and need to be
>> replaced at a cost of $900 for the pair. Ouch..

> You absolutely need to change the Timing Belt, tensioner and pulley; there
> is no way around this. If you have a good local Audi shop near you it
> would
> probably be more reasonable $$.

... and the water pump (if its same design as the 1995 model V6)

Rgds
Jens

PS: If you're not into spending money on maintenace - DONT DRIVE AN AUDI

Old November 3rd 04, 12:20 AM
Tony

You should check with some of the local people in the MN Audi club:

http://www.mnaudi.com/