The GPLPS GPL Installer is Released

Old April 23rd 07, 09:28 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
David Fletcher

Default The GPLPS GPL Installer is Released

In my opinion, Bernd Nowak of the GPLPS has just released a program
that, at least in this stage of GPL's lifespan, may be one of the
greatest programs created for GPL.

Even the experienced GPLer among us has at one point or another
struggled with a new GPL installation. And this is not to mention the
problems that newbies to GPL experience. And you'll occasionally read
comments from long-time GPLers that are having problems with GPL on
newer pc's/platforms. The answer to all of these questions is the
GPLPS GPL installer. It will give you a working GPL installation, with
updated GPLEA cars and some of the finest track updates around for the
original GPL venues. You can read more about it he

http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=288457

If you've been struggling with a GPL installation, your answer is at
hand...

Fletch

Old May 23rd 07, 02:35 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mr T

On Apr 24, 6:28 am, David Fletcher > wrote:
> GPLPS GPL installer. It will give you a working GPL installation, with
> updated GPLEA cars and some of the finest track updates around for the
> original GPL venues. You can read more about it he
>
> http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=288457
>
> Fletch

This installer is great. I hadn't loaded GPL on my new(ish) PC as I
thought it was just an old antiquated game now. Gee, was I wrong. The
cars, sounds, and tracks have had a real good make over and has
breathed some more life into this 1998 game. It's still really hard to
play and control, especially seeing as I have to use the keyboard as
all my input devices use the old game port which Microsoft and no one
else wants to support any more (sorry, I had to whinge to someone).

The answers.com site gives a good explanation of how GPL has changed
over the years with the relevant links:
http://www.answers.com/topic/grand-prix-legends

I haven't tried installing any of the mods or other tracks yet, but
some of them sound pretty cool (like the thundercars).

Thanks for the easy installer Bernd,
Mike T.

Old May 23rd 07, 02:34 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Bill Yowell

"Mr T" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Apr 24, 6:28 am, David Fletcher > wrote:
>> GPLPS GPL installer. It will give you a working GPL installation, with
>> updated GPLEA cars and some of the finest track updates around for the
>> original GPL venues. You can read more about it he
>>
>> http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=288457
>>
>> Fletch

> This installer is great. I hadn't loaded GPL on my new(ish) PC as I
> thought it was just an old antiquated game now. Gee, was I wrong. The
> cars, sounds, and tracks have had a real good make over and has
> breathed some more life into this 1998 game. It's still really hard to
> play and control, especially seeing as I have to use the keyboard as
> all my input devices use the old game port which Microsoft and no one
> else wants to support any more (sorry, I had to whinge to someone).
>
> The answers.com site gives a good explanation of how GPL has changed
> over the years with the relevant links:
> http://www.answers.com/topic/grand-prix-legends
>
> I haven't tried installing any of the mods or other tracks yet, but
> some of them sound pretty cool (like the thundercars).
>
> Thanks for the easy installer Bernd,
> Mike T.

There is a work-around for current Windows machines not having game ports. I
found and installed a new sound card (Turtle Beach) with a game port, so my
TSW wheel and pedals are usable. I have Windows XP; don't know about Vista.
For a while I kept using the mother board's built in sound, but on the
advice of others, to the effect that the sound would be better and using the
card would free up resources on the mother board, I disabled the MB and now
use the Turtle Beach for both sound and the TSW.

The new tracks are great. I especially like the 10 km Monza track, which
includes the oval used for a few years prior to 1967 and featured in the
movie Grand Prix.

Bill Yowell

Old July 5th 07, 08:59 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
[email protected]

On May 23, 3:34 pm, "Bill Yowell" > wrote:
> "Mr T" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>
> > On Apr 24, 6:28 am, David Fletcher > wrote:
> >>GPLPSGPLinstaller. It will give you a workingGPLinstallation, with
> >> updated GPLEA cars and some of the finest track updates around for the
> >> originalGPLvenues. You can read more about it he

> >>http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=288457

> >> Fletch

> > Thisinstalleris great. I hadn't loadedGPLon my new(ish) PC as I
> > thought it was just an old antiquated game now. Gee, was I wrong. The
> > cars, sounds, and tracks have had a real good make over and has
> > breathed some more life into this 1998 game. It's still really hard to
> > play and control, especially seeing as I have to use the keyboard as
> > all my input devices use the old game port which Microsoft and no one
> > else wants to support any more (sorry, I had to whinge to someone).

> > The answers.com site gives a good explanation of howGPLhas changed
> > over the years with the relevant links:
> >http://www.answers.com/topic/grand-prix-legends

> > I haven't tried installing any of the mods or other tracks yet, but
> > some of them sound pretty cool (like the thundercars).

> > Thanks for the easyinstallerBernd,
> > Mike T.

> There is a work-around for current Windows machines not having game ports. I
> found and installed a new sound card (Turtle Beach) with a game port, so my
> TSW wheel and pedals are usable. I have Windows XP; don't know about Vista.
> For a while I kept using the mother board's built in sound, but on the
> advice of others, to the effect that the sound would be better and using the
> card would free up resources on the mother board, I disabled the MB and now
> use the Turtle Beach for both sound and the TSW.
>
> The new tracks are great. I especially like the 10 km Monza track, which
> includes the oval used for a few years prior to 1967 and featured in the
> movie Grand Prix.
>
> Bill Yowell

I know that I'm late but thanks
There are great tracks available for GPL and driving online push my
adrenalin even now. After years of driving. But the difference for me
is that I needed a lot of time to get comfortable with GPL and now I
can at least race which adds a maximum amount of fun and a big
smile

Bernd