What's wrong with ticket quotas for Highway Patrolmen?

Old August 24th 06, 06:31 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Amy Likes Pot!

Default What's wrong with ticket quotas for Highway Patrolmen?

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS > wrote:
> On 24 Aug 2006 16:28:15 GMT, (Amy Likes Pot!)
> wrote:
>
> >Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS > wrote:
> >> It's not like the cops make up the charges. The speeders and DUIs and
> >> red light runners are everywhere doing their killing and maiming of
> >> innocent people. As it is, the cops don't even catch 1% of these
> >> deadly psychopaths. So i'm all for ticket quotas and i want them
> >> raised. Only a criminal coddler thinks otherwise.

> >Me too! I think that qoutas are great, because you know that the cops
> >are all lazy *******s and they aren't going to fulfill their qoatas
> >until the end of the month. That means that speeding and other traffic
> >offences can pretty much be done at the beginning of the month and you
> >won't get caught.

> How many kids do you kill every year with your highway crimes?

None. How many times do I speed? Hmmm... I think I averaged 10-15 mph
over the speed limit on my way home, today. I honestly can't think of a
day when I have gotten behind the wheel of my car and NOT been speeding.
Old August 24th 06, 06:32 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Alex

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> It's not like the cops make up the charges. The speeders and DUIs and
> red light runners are everywhere doing their killing and maiming of
> innocent people. As it is, the cops don't even catch 1% of these
> deadly psychopaths. So i'm all for ticket quotas and i want them
> raised. Only a criminal coddler thinks otherwise.

Why don't you get a brain and learn how to use it? Then you might make
sense some of the time. Quota's are stupid because they do not
increase safety on the road and they
lead to cops doing stupid things to meet their quotas. Quotas also
happen to be illegal in many places.
------------------
Alex

Old August 24th 06, 06:40 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Barry L. Camp

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> On 24 Aug 2006 09:38:51 -0700, "Barry L. Camp" >
> wrote:
>

> >Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> >
> >> It's not like the cops make up the charges.

> >Nonsense.
> >
> >Where speeding comes into play... it happens all the time. Someone
> >going right at the limit can be pulled over and written up for 10 over,
> >and it can be made to stick.
> >

> So why has that never ever ever happened to me??? YOU ARE A LIAR.

Lying about what, specifically?

And you still haven't proven any of your own pointless points. No hard
facts, as I had previously requested.

Old August 24th 06, 06:58 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_1_]

Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), Speeders & Drunk
Drivers are MURDERERS polluted rec.autos.driving with this traitorous
****:

> It's not like the cops make up the charges.

Tell that to Nicola Sacco and Bartolomeo Vanzetti...

> The speeders and DUIs and
> red light runners are everywhere doing their killing and maiming of
> innocent people. As it is, the cops don't even catch 1% of these
> deadly psychopaths. So i'm all for ticket quotas and i want them
> raised. Only a criminal coddler thinks otherwise.

Just wait untill its quota time and some cop is desperate to meet his
quota, and you just *happen* to be driving that buckei-O-violations of
yours in the vicinity. What are you going to do, Loco Laura?? Kick the
cop's teeth in?? HA! HA!

--
I diots &
N umbskulls
Old August 24th 06, 07:33 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Larry Bud

> >Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> >> It's not like the cops make up the charges.

They don't?

> >Ooops! What happens if there is just one more day and they still
> >haven't made their quota? I am sure you can be found guilty.

> They can always find a speeder.

They can? Then why have quotas in the first place?

Ooops, another hole in your little theory.

Old August 24th 06, 07:44 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Gary V

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> It's not like the cops make up the charges.

Are you not the same poster who in another thread said the cops planted
bullet casings, the gun, etc.? What are they doing there - uhh, let's
see - MAKING UP CHARGES!

So a cop will plant evidence to "make up" a felony, but not to get his
ticket quota for the day? THINK!

Old August 24th 06, 07:55 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
H.B. Elkins

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 16:03:50 GMT, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:

>It's not like the cops make up the charges. The speeders and DUIs and
>red light runners are everywhere doing their killing and maiming of
>innocent people. As it is, the cops don't even catch 1% of these
>deadly psychopaths. So i'm all for ticket quotas and i want them
>raised. Only a criminal coddler thinks otherwise.

Geez -- it changes its nym again. Back to the killfile with you, idiot!

(There are all sorts of logical reasons to be against quotas but they'd be lost
on a ****-for-brains like you...)

--
To reply by e-mail, remove the "restrictor plate"
Old August 24th 06, 08:17 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Bill Funk

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 17:09:06 GMT, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are
MURDERERS > wrote:

>On 24 Aug 2006 09:38:51 -0700, "Barry L. Camp" >
>wrote:
>

>>Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>>
>>> It's not like the cops make up the charges.

>>Nonsense.
>>
>>Where speeding comes into play... it happens all the time. Someone
>>going right at the limit can be pulled over and written up for 10 over,
>>and it can be made to stick.
>>

>So why has that never ever ever happened to me??? YOU ARE A LIAR.

First, it has happened to you.
Second, your experiences are not the sum total of all experiences.
Get that nice man in the white coat to explain this to you.
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"
Old August 24th 06, 09:45 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
John Smith[_1_]

"Amy Likes Pot!" > wrote in message
> Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS > wrote:
>> It's not like the cops make up the charges. The speeders and DUIs and
>> red light runners are everywhere doing their killing and maiming of
>> innocent people. As it is, the cops don't even catch 1% of these
>> deadly psychopaths. So i'm all for ticket quotas and i want them
>> raised. Only a criminal coddler thinks otherwise.

> Me too! I think that qoutas are great, because you know that the cops are
> all lazy *******s and they aren't going to fulfill their qoatas until the
> end of the month. That means that speeding and other traffic offences can
> pretty much be done at the beginning of the month and you won't get
> caught.

We don't have any quotas here, we can write as many as we want.

--
If I could not go to heaven but with a [political] party, I would not go
there at all.

Old August 24th 06, 11:04 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Amy Likes Pot!

"John Smith" > wrote:
> "Amy Likes Pot!" > wrote in message
> > Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS > wrote:
> >> It's not like the cops make up the charges. The speeders and DUIs and
> >> red light runners are everywhere doing their killing and maiming of
> >> innocent people. As it is, the cops don't even catch 1% of these
> >> deadly psychopaths. So i'm all for ticket quotas and i want them
> >> raised. Only a criminal coddler thinks otherwise.

> > Me too! I think that qoutas are great, because you know that the cops
> > are all lazy *******s and they aren't going to fulfill their qoatas
> > until the end of the month. That means that speeding and other traffic
> > offences can pretty much be done at the beginning of the month and you
> > won't get caught.

> We don't have any quotas here, we can write as many as we want.

When you don't have quotas then you can write the tickets whenever, but
when you do have quotas you know that all the tickets come at the end of
the month.