1987 Honda Won't Start HELP

Old November 6th 05, 07:43 AM
habecks

Default 1987 Honda Won't Start HELP

My 1987Honda Accorrd DX lost power going down the Highway. Now it will no
longer turn over at all. When I turn the key all the lights and everything
work fine but there is no attempt of the engine to start. I was thinking
starter but why would it die while driving.
Please help

Old November 6th 05, 07:59 AM
habecks

Default 1987 Honda Accord HELP

Well I have replaced the battery and the car now turns over but will not
start. All that happens is the started turns but the car will not fire. Is
there a chance this is a Cilinoid problem or fuild pump. I did try starter
fluid and had no change.
Thanks for your help!

Old November 6th 05, 03:28 PM
TeGGeR®

"habecks" > wrote in
lkaboutautos.com:

http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/startproblems.html

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old November 8th 05, 04:09 PM
Burt S.

"habecks" > wrote in message lkaboutautos.com...

> Well I have replaced the battery and the car now turns over but will not
> start. All that happens is the started turns but the car will not fire. Is
> there a chance this is a Cilinoid problem or fuild pump. I did try starter
> fluid and had no change.
> Thanks for your help!

First check for spark when starter fluid doesn't work. This car doesn't have
a main relay but check the ignition circuit and make sure they have power.

Wild guess. You broke a timing belt or ran a car with a loose battery. The
voltage rise pass 16 and blows the ECU's (Emission Control Unit) capacitor
and now you have a hard start.