Service Engine Soon

Old August 7th 05, 09:33 PM
pminton

Default Service Engine Soon

My service engine soon light came on yesterday, I just bought the car 1997
Saturn SC2 a few days ago. I haven't notice the car running funny. What
could the problem be??????

Old August 8th 05, 03:52 AM
pminton

I went by Auto Zone today the message was #2 O2 sensor. I just think that
was strange to buy a car and 1 day later the light come on. The car has
153,000 miles on it. runs good.

Old August 8th 05, 01:17 PM

Same thing happened to me.. went back to the place I bought it from and
they replaced it for nothing,, saving me $95.. it's the o2 sensor by
the cat filter. You won't pass an emiision test if this has failed also
it can hurt gas milage also.

Old August 9th 05, 12:08 AM
Forever_broke

Our '95 SL1 has had it's light on for quite a while also. It runs well
(knock on wood...), but I suppose we should make a stop at AutoZone to
check the codes.

Old August 16th 05, 04:12 PM
yellowdaisie

I have a 99 Saturn SL2....that O2 sensor is a pain...had to replace mine 3
times already. If you had the part for less than a year, take it back or
talk to the service department at your dealership(they may have replaced
it for free, you probably have a 30-90 day warranty). I was also told that
I needed to update my computer system to fix the O2 problem. Good Luck!

Old August 21st 05, 01:56 PM
had2be

hi i have a 93 saturn i bought used the service engine light comes on and
then goes off. in the manual it says this is supoose to happen when you
start the car up.

Old August 21st 05, 04:21 PM
Oppie

The indicators are all supposed to come on when you turn the key to on. This
is to verify that all the lamps are working. Some indicators will stay on
for a few seconds after engine start. They should then all go off unless
there is a fault. Depending on prior faults, the SES lamp has differing
behavior. Don't worry as long as it stays off.

lkaboutautos.com...