2001 LHS. Need new warranty

Old August 28th 08, 12:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

Default 2001 LHS. Need new warranty

No way Hose 'A'! Window lift motor for an LH car lists for $82, costs
between $60 and $75 at on-line discount dealers. So - the answer is
still "no extended warranty".

Are you saying you paid $500 for a window lift motor? Even with an hour
of labor that would be hiway robbery.

--
Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')

Old November 6th 08, 08:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
who

In article
Bob AZ > wrote:

> My Warranty is running out on my 2001 Chrysler LHS. So I need a new
> one. Chrysler dealer wants a little over $500.00 per year for 3 or 4
> or 5 years.
>
> Only 16K miles so far and little if any prospect that yearly mileage
> will be over 3K. Zero problems with the car.
>
> Are there any better deals?
>
> Thanks
> Bob AZ

I don't average that much for maintenance I pay for.
I do about 8k miles per year on a '95 LH, now about 90k miles total.

Don't waste your money on an extended warranty.
Old November 6th 08, 10:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

who wrote:
> In article
> >,
> Bob AZ > wrote:
>
>> My Warranty is running out on my 2001 Chrysler LHS. So I need a new
>> one. Chrysler dealer wants a little over $500.00 per year for 3 or 4
>> or 5 years.
>>
>> Only 16K miles so far and little if any prospect that yearly mileage
>> will be over 3K. Zero problems with the car.
>>
>> Are there any better deals?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Bob AZ

> I don't average that much for maintenance I pay for.
> I do about 8k miles per year on a '95 LH, now about 90k miles total.
>
> Don't waste your money on an extended warranty.

I agree with who. What kind of failure are you thinking might happen to
you that would cost over $3500 (I added a little for deductables and
other b.s. "not covered" aspects of such failures)?

My philosophy is to self insure whenever possible and to purchase extra
warranties and insurance *only* for catastrophic things that could wipe
you out. Also, with the future business environment not being
favorable, warranty companies are going to fight you every step of the
way on any claims (if they are even still around) - it's bad enough in
the recent past environment - you ain't seen nothin' yet.

Statistically you will be way ahead to bank the money to self-insure
especially in your case.

--
Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')