GTR demo (new) with sim physics - F360 & Saleen

Old February 11th 05, 06:28 PM
MadDAWG

Default GTR demo (new) with sim physics - F360 & Saleen

> Isn't the Mustang no longer raced by Saleen? For the past several
> years, the only Saleen I've seen racing is the S7. I'm guessing the
> Mustang is just about as out of date as SCGT, the last sim to feature the
> car(that I know of)

No idea. I don't follow road racing. the only reason I asked was I own a
Mustang and its put up for winter and I miss driving it. lol

MadDAWG

Old February 12th 05, 12:19 AM
Steve Blankenship

"Marc Collins" > wrote in message
> Absolutely brilliant with 3 small exceptions:
>
> i) The left mirror doesn't work properly on the Ferrari (you get the same
> display as in the right mirror).
>
> ii) We need the virtual mirror now, please (disabled for some bizarre
> reason).
>
> iii) The control for clutch works in the set-up screen, but not in the

game
> if you have Auto Clutch enabled. There are still a few times you need to
> disengage the clutch completely even if you are using auto clutch. Why
> prevent this from working? Most people who use auto-clutch wouldn't

bother
> to even map it, but for those who do, let us use it. Works fine in manual
> clutch mode so it isn't the controller.
>
> Marc

I'd really like to like this thing, but I seem to have the same trouble as a
lot of people; can't get it to stop stuttering long enough to get a feel
for. All ISI-based sims of this generation are subject to it to some
degree, but this demo is even worse than the first two in that respect.
Searched the forums, tried all the supposed fixes - no luck. FPS is fine,
and no other sims do it; rFactor doesn't do it either, for that matter.
Guess gMotor 2.0 really is different... ;-)

SB

PS - the virtual mirror works fine for me; guess I should be glad of
something! (Even if you enable it, you have to have it toggled on - check
your controller assignments and try that. Ditto on the clutch though - if
you run auto-clutch you can't override it.)

Old February 12th 05, 03:21 PM
Destroy

> I'd really like to like this thing, but I seem to have the same trouble as a
> lot of people; can't get it to stop stuttering long enough to get a feel
> for. All ISI-based sims of this generation are subject to it to some
> degree, but this demo is even worse than the first two in that respect.
> Searched the forums, tried all the supposed fixes - no luck. FPS is fine,
> and no other sims do it; rFactor doesn't do it either, for that matter.
> Guess gMotor 2.0 really is different... ;-)

Same problem here. Demo 1 and 2 ran beautifully, this 3rd one has
horrible stuttering making it unplayable.

Old February 12th 05, 04:36 PM
Marc Collins

My virtual mirror is "X"'d off with no ability to turn it on.

Marc

Old February 12th 05, 09:32 PM
Jussi Koukku

Larry wrote:
> A demo full of copy protection. What WILL they think of next.

The copy protection is done by encrypting some files, including gtr.exe.
Now if the gtr.exe of the demo was left un-encrypted (i.e. without copy
protection), then the hackers/crackers would get a "free sample"...

Yes, I know, the StarForce copy protection has been cracked already, but
there's still no simple no-cd patch available for GTR.
Old February 12th 05, 09:37 PM
Jussi Koukku

Marc Collins wrote:

> iii) The control for clutch works in the set-up screen, but not in the game
> if you have Auto Clutch enabled. There are still a few times you need to
> disengage the clutch completely even if you are using auto clutch. Why
> prevent this from working? Most people who use auto-clutch wouldn't bother
> to even map it, but for those who do, let us use it. Works fine in manual
> clutch mode so it isn't the controller.

It's the same with the full (german) version. Everyone at the official
GTR forum seems to agree that this feature (independent clutch setting)
should be added, but no reply on this subject by Simbin staff yet.
Old February 13th 05, 12:27 PM
Byron Forbes

"Marc Collins" > wrote in message

> iii) The control for clutch works in the set-up screen, but not in the
> game if you have Auto Clutch enabled. There are still a few times you
> need to disengage the clutch completely even if you are using auto clutch.
> Why prevent this from working? Most people who use auto-clutch wouldn't
> bother to even map it, but for those who do, let us use it. Works fine in
> manual clutch mode so it isn't the controller.

Gooday Marc. What's a situation where you really need to be able to
depress the clutch? I know in NR2003 you need it to get out of the sand but
that's not my experience so far in GTR.

Old February 13th 05, 01:38 PM
Malc

"Byron Forbes" > wrote in message

> Gooday Marc. What's a situation where you really need to be able to
> depress the clutch? I know in NR2003 you need it to get out of the sand

but
> that's not my experience so far in GTR.

There comes a point when the car is sideways & adding more gas will just
make things worse. If you dip the clutch it will help you regain control of
the car before it's too late. Hitting the neutral button has the same effect
but your next gearchange will then be into first gear which is not always
what you want if you are still moving at high speed. Sometimes you only need
to dip the clutch for a fraction of a second to regain control of a wayward
slide.

Malc.