Chassis Rigidity

Old July 18th 05, 04:12 PM

Byron,

Right, the front/rear relative stiffness is the key to getting balanced
handling. That's the easy part. I'll be able to get whatever I build
to handle well by adjusting weight percentages, etc.

If by "is it a kit?", you mean did I buy plans and materials from
someone, then no. I designed the chassis, bought the tubing, then cut,
notched, and welded it together.

Seems like I once noticed a "chassis rigidity" variable buried in ISI's
F12XXX .ini files. Although, maybe I just dreamed that... Maybe there
is, and I can just compare that value to the wheel rate in the INI
file. Thanks for the idea! I'll check it out.

Old July 19th 05, 02:30 PM
Byron Forbes

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> Seems like I once noticed a "chassis rigidity" variable buried in ISI's
> F12XXX .ini files. Although, maybe I just dreamed that... Maybe there
> is, and I can just compare that value to the wheel rate in the INI
> file. Thanks for the idea! I'll check it out.

LOL - even though this was not what I meant to suggest, I'll gladly take
the credit for it!

Old July 21st 05, 02:46 PM

Here is an interesting discussions with a picture of one test rig:

http://fsae.com/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f/44.../r/26610330521

Pat

Old July 26th 05, 03:39 PM
Glenn Dee

Stock Car Racing Magazine did a series by Sleepy Gomez (apologize if spelled
wrong) that covered this in a neat and clear way. Was this spring I think.
Either way Mr. Gomez is, IMHO, a set-up genius/guru and his test rig would
really work for this cart test.
Glenn
oups.com...

Old July 27th 05, 11:00 AM
Byron Forbes

"Glenn Dee" > wrote in message
.. .
> Stock Car Racing Magazine did a series by Sleepy Gomez (apologize if
> spelled wrong) that covered this in a neat and clear way. Was this spring
> I think. Either way Mr. Gomez is, IMHO, a set-up genius/guru and his test
> rig would really work for this cart test.

"Was this spring I think".

Had to think about that for a sec!

Old July 27th 05, 08:57 PM
Glenn Dee