97 Accord: power window only lasts 4 years

Old July 14th 05, 09:40 AM

Default 97 Accord: power window only lasts 4 years

I have a '97 Accord. The driver side power window died in 2001, so I had the
dealer fix it (so presumably they used genuine honda parts). Now it died
again, so it seems like it only lasts for 4 years. What's up with that?

Old July 14th 05, 05:49 PM
SadaYama

I think that is your bad luck. Most doors last for the life of the car.
Why don't you go to a junkyard and get a door motor and replace it
yourself.

Old July 14th 05, 10:54 PM
Dr. Joel M. Hoffman

>I have a '97 Accord. The driver side power window died in 2001, so I had the
>dealer fix it (so presumably they used genuine honda parts). Now it died
>again, so it seems like it only lasts for 4 years. What's up with that?

I have a '97 Accord. While one of the windows is a bit slow, all the
motors still work.

Old July 16th 05, 02:47 AM
Ron M.

"Dr. Joel M. Hoffman" > wrote in message
> >I have a '97 Accord. The driver side power window died in 2001, so I had

the
> >dealer fix it (so presumably they used genuine honda parts). Now it died
> >again, so it seems like it only lasts for 4 years. What's up with that?

> I have a '97 Accord. While one of the windows is a bit slow, all the
> motors still work.

Sometimes lubricating the power window regulator components will eliminate
the slow movement of the window in both the upwards and downwards
directions. In many cases this is the problem--and not the power window
regulator motor itself.

Ron M.

Old July 16th 05, 02:50 AM
Ron M.

"Dr. Joel M. Hoffman" > wrote in message
> >I have a '97 Accord. The driver side power window died in 2001, so I had

the
> >dealer fix it (so presumably they used genuine honda parts). Now it died
> >again, so it seems like it only lasts for 4 years. What's up with that?

> I have a '97 Accord. While one of the windows is a bit slow, all the
> motors still work.

I'm going to test drive a '97 Accord tomorrow and may end up purchasing it
for a second vehicle. I hope the '97 models were good ones overall. I like
the body style of that generation Accord.

Ron M.