Going to California!

Old January 12th 05, 06:23 AM
Ed Nuxters

Default Going to California!

I live in PA. I'm flying out to Ontario, CA and renting a car to go to
Palm springs - a convention. Are there any weird laws that I should be
aware of? Does anyone know what differences/precautions I should take
when renting the car? What abotu differences between driving in PA and
CA?
This is my first time driving a rental outside Pennsylvania, and I'm a
bit nervous. Its about an hour and a half drive from Ontario to Palm
Springs and I don't want to get lost. It looks like a straight shot on
Interstate 10. I'll have lots and lots of maps, so I don't forsee any
real problems.
Old January 12th 05, 07:40 AM

Ed Nuxters wrote:
> I live in PA. I'm flying out to Ontario, CA and renting a car to go

> Palm springs - a convention. Are there any weird laws that I should

be
> aware of? Does anyone know what differences/precautions I should

take
> when renting the car? What abotu differences between driving in PA

and
> CA?
> This is my first time driving a rental outside Pennsylvania, and I'm

> bit nervous. Its about an hour and a half drive from Ontario to Palm
> Springs and I don't want to get lost. It looks like a straight shot

on
> Interstate 10. I'll have lots and lots of maps, so I don't forsee

any
> real problems.

Right now is not a good time. Floods, torrential downpours,
flashfloods, landslides, closed roads, highways and freeways.

for the drive beware of dustroms. Be particularly weary of the
mexicans. They will just as easily stab you in the back as easily as
they wouldn't. Watch your stuff, lock up all valuables, watch of
mexican pick pocketers and cartheives. On the highways be weary of
mexican wet-back style gardener pick up trucks. The kind with the lawn
mower on the back. Mexican truck drivers drive really ****ty and the
cholas (female) mexicans are ever worse. Beware of ricer burners.
(underpowered honda civics with racing stickers and lowered suspension)
they will cut you off and cause accidents. Road rage is a serious
issue in California so don't ever make eye contact especially with the
vietnames and with the mexicans. White male fags in their BMW's should
also be avoided too.

Also the KKK is very previlent in Palm Springs. They try to keep a low
profile but all of those age old white men who love golf so much are
very racist. Palm Springs, desert hot springs, and plam desert alike.
So be weary of that as well.

And once again be weary of mexican pickpocketers and car theives who
are breeding like fleas in the Southern California area. IOW don't
associate with the mexicans at all costs. Don't talk to them either,
they wouldn't understand a word of english anyway. 10 times out of 10
the mexican thieve, beggar is an illegal alien anyway.

Old January 12th 05, 07:40 AM

Old January 12th 05, 03:10 PM
Bernard Farquart

> wrote in message
ups.com...

.. Be particularly weary of the
> mexicans.

<snip>
Mexican truck drivers drive really ****ty and the
> cholas (female) mexicans are ever worse.

<snip>
White male fags in their BMW's should
> also be avoided too.
>
> Also the KKK is very previlent in Palm Springs.

> And once again be weary of mexican pickpocketers and car theives who
> are breeding like fleas in the Southern California area. IOW don't
> associate with the mexicans at all costs. Don't talk to them either,
> they wouldn't understand a word of english anyway. 10 times out of 10
> the mexican thieve, beggar is an illegal alien anyway.

Do you have some agoraphobia issues?

Old January 12th 05, 03:10 PM
Bernard Farquart

> wrote in message
ups.com...

.. Be particularly weary of the
> mexicans.

<snip>

Old January 12th 05, 06:24 PM

No Phobia, just very much *aware* of the complete chaos that exists in
the Southern Californian area. Ed asked for some advice and I gave it
to him. I'm sure he is aware of the rampant behemoth SUV problem as
well in S.Cal so I needent get into that. My suggestion to him is to
rent a Tank in order that he may survive once some **** faced S.Cal
driver stupendusly rams her *Sequoia* into him while she was chatting
away on her cell phone.

S.Cal is not exactly the type of place where anyone would want to raise
their kids. It's not a place that has a quality of life that most
anyone would find at all acceptable. As of yet, I hope the landslides
they are having this time of year kills everyone. S.Cal is facing
right now the most amount of precepitation in history. 25 inches in 1
day in an area that only gets half that in a whole year.

Another suggesting is for Ed to bring a can of *MACE* No kidding, it
could save his life down there where anything could happen. Keep in
mind that S.Cal IS MEXICO. You can not find a decent job down there
unless you are fluent in spanish. Spanish is the barbarians language
accordingly. I strongly suggest that he not associate with the
mexicans or with the white supremacists down there alike.

Old January 12th 05, 06:48 PM
Christopher Green

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 00:23:13 -0500, Ed Nuxters > wrote:

>I live in PA. I'm flying out to Ontario, CA and renting a car to go to
>Palm springs - a convention. Are there any weird laws that I should be
>aware of? Does anyone know what differences/precautions I should take
>when renting the car? What abotu differences between driving in PA and
>CA?
>This is my first time driving a rental outside Pennsylvania, and I'm a
>bit nervous. Its about an hour and a half drive from Ontario to Palm
>Springs and I don't want to get lost. It looks like a straight shot on
>Interstate 10. I'll have lots and lots of maps, so I don't forsee any
>real problems.

Nothing really unusual to watch out for. I-10 between Ontario and Palm
Springs is mostly straight and level and should be wide open much of
the time.

California is pretty lax about speed limits (but not in the city of
Palm Springs, expect pretty strict enforcement there) but can be
strict about seatbelts and child safety seats, and there's a new
"lights on in the rain" law.

A few cities (Indian Wells is one) use red-light cameras; fudge just a
fraction of a second on one of these and it's a $340 ticket that your
rental car company will dutifully make sure comes back to haunt you.

Other than that, don't miss: Hadley's (Cabazon exit), one of the
biggest selections of dried fruit, nuts, and the like you'll find
anywhere; Desert Hot Springs Spa (other side of I-10 from Palm
Springs), best place of all for a day-long soak.

--
Chris Green

Old January 12th 05, 06:48 PM
Christopher Green

Old January 12th 05, 07:13 PM
fbloogyudsr

"Ed Nuxters" > wrote
>I live in PA. I'm flying out to Ontario, CA and renting a car to go to
> Palm springs - a convention. Are there any weird laws that I should be
> aware of? Does anyone know what differences/precautions I should take
> when renting the car? What abotu differences between driving in PA and
> CA?
> This is my first time driving a rental outside Pennsylvania, and I'm a
> bit nervous. Its about an hour and a half drive from Ontario to Palm
> Springs and I don't want to get lost. It looks like a straight shot on
> Interstate 10. I'll have lots and lots of maps, so I don't forsee any
> real problems.

1) Ignore eastwardbound.

2) drive fast - you will probably find average speeds of 75-85mph.

3) free right turn (and left onto one-way streets) is "mandatory"
unless you like getting honked at.

4) don't pay the insurance stuff on the rental cars unless you're
paying cash (visa, mc, amex almost all cards cover you, and likely
your own insurance will, too.)

5) no u-turns in most intersections.

6) don't be a llb - frowned on in CA

7) be ready to pay at least $2.20 for regular gas. be sure to choose
the option to refill before you return the car.

Floyd