For Sale - Golf GTI 16 valve 1997 - only 1 previous owner with Air Con/Metallic Black

Old March 13th 06, 12:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default For Sale - Golf GTI 16 valve 1997 - only 1 previous owner with Air Con/Metallic Black

I am selling my Golf GTI 16v. I have owned the car for over 5 years now and
the car had 1 previous owner. The previous owner was a company which my
brother in law worked for so has obtained ALL previous history receipts for
the vehicle.

The car is 100% standard so if you want a modified or abused car you will
have to look elsewhere.

Vehicle details are as follows:

· First registered January 1997 (P reg)
· Metallic Black
· 5 Door
· 100% original and standard - this is a true unmolested example
· 1 previous owner
· 117,000 miles
· Full service history - VW dealer serviced until approx 90,000
Independently serviced there after
· Black Interior - very good condition with no tears/rips etc
· Electric Windows Front and Rear with one touch operation Central
Locking (Remote with the alarm)
· Alloy Wheels
· PAS
· Electric heated wing mirrors
· Air Conditioning
· Full Closure Thatcham category 1 alarm/immobiliser (doors
lock/unlock - windows close automatically on arming the alarm)
· Taxed until June 06
· MOT expires in November 2006
· Body coloured bumpers
· Driver Air Bag
· Adjustable seats / steering column
· Multi Function computer giving average fuel consumption / average
speed etc.
· Front Fog lights
· ABS
· 2 Litre, 16 valve 150bhp engine - engine code ABF

The car has recently had all 4 tyres replaced and the front brake disks and
pads were replaced a couple of months ago.

Mileage is 100% verified as I have ALL the previous MOT's. I also have
EVERY receipt/bill for this car from new.

The car is in excellent condition for year, mileage is average for year
given approx 12,000 miles per year. As expected with a car of this
age/mileage there are a couple of stone chips to the front...but she is 9
years old (compared to a 9 year old Vauxhall/Ford she looks brand new).

No dents or bangs anywhere and the car has never been involved in an
accident. I have the HPI report from when I purchased the car in January
2001.

Price to sell for a quick sale.open to sensible offers, £2500. First to see
will buy a real gem.

If interested drop a post and I will reply back.

Thank you

Old March 13th 06, 03:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

In article >,
vw-lover > wrote:
#I am selling my Golf GTI 16v. I have owned the car for over 5 years now and

<snip>

It would be nice if you put down the location of the car. A city
would be nice. No sense in considering a car if I am, for example,
in Mexico and the car is in Ireland...

/herb

Old March 14th 06, 12:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

> <snip>
>
> It would be nice if you put down the location of the car. A city
> would be nice. No sense in considering a car if I am, for example,
> in Mexico and the car is in Ireland...
>
> /herb

The description makes it a British car

British Ken

Old March 14th 06, 03:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

"Ken" > wrote in message
>> <snip>
>>
>> It would be nice if you put down the location of the car. A city
>> would be nice. No sense in considering a car if I am, for example,
>> in Mexico and the car is in Ireland...
>>
>> /herb
>>

> The description makes it a British car
>
> British Ken

Probably, but couldn't the description also fit an Australian car?

Old March 14th 06, 04:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

"Papa" > wrote in message
k.net...

> "Ken" > wrote in message
>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> It would be nice if you put down the location of the car. A city
>>> would be nice. No sense in considering a car if I am, for example,
>>> in Mexico and the car is in Ireland...
>>>
>>> /herb
>>>

>> The description makes it a British car
>>
>> British Ken
>>

> Probably, but couldn't the description also fit an Australian car?

Not with the combined mention of '£2500', 'MoT' and 'Vauxhall'
:-)

Old March 17th 06, 05:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

"Ken" > wrote in message

> "Papa" > wrote in message
> k.net...

>>> The description makes it a British car
>>>
>>> British Ken
>>>

>> Probably, but couldn't the description also fit an Australian car?
>>

> Not with the combined mention of '£2500', 'MoT' and 'Vauxhall'
> :-)

Sorry guys, vehicle is in Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK

Old March 20th 06, 09:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

MUST SELL....PRICE REDUCED TO

£2000