Cherokee Country sway bar problem

Old December 3rd 04, 10:31 PM
flannery

Default Cherokee Country sway bar problem

Trip to the dealer for the 19 dollar oil change, of course a list of many
other items ,
Brakes front- 219.00- just done today NAPA parts 19.74.
Head gasket leaking oil $459.00- mmmmm oil from head gasket? don't think so.
Leaking shock 2 front $126.00- No leaks that I found, might have mistaken
some oil from engine.
Oil filter adapter 'O' rings $78.00- not leaking that bad, let it go for
now.
Replace sway bar linkage and frame bushings$300.00- Yup bad-OK spray the
hell out of bolts with liquid wrench, left side sway link loose (cool), try
the right side bolt (frame mount bushing) snapped bolt off with hardly any
effort.
OK it looks like this is one that the nut is welded to frame and access to
this is a small hole which I can only fit the liquid wrench in. Should I
just take it to another shop and hope they do it all for about $200.00 2nd
quote (assuming they dont charge for the bolt) or try to get bolt out. I
have no clue how I am going to get bolt out but am open for anyone's
suggestion to move forward.
130,000 miles and running well.

Thanks for your time
Tom

Old December 4th 04, 08:55 PM
Cherokee-LTD

"flannery" > wrote in message
: Thanks Brian,
: Sorry to say it is the front sway bar...
:

Ooops, sorry. For some reason I thought I read rear... you definitely need
the front for everyday driving!

-Brian

Old December 4th 04, 08:55 PM
Cherokee-LTD

"flannery" > wrote in message
: Thanks Brian,
: Sorry to say it is the front sway bar...
:

Ooops, sorry. For some reason I thought I read rear... you definitely need
the front for everyday driving!

-Brian

Strange Problem with 1999 Town & Country IPavlov Chrysler 30 December 22nd 04 11:05 PM
Grand Cherokee 4WD problem Micah 4x4 0 December 2nd 04 10:03 PM
96 Town & Country Electrical Problem 99trooper Chrysler 22 October 23rd 04 09:04 PM