Dodge Intrepid Code 41 ?

Old August 4th 04, 03:24 AM
Refinish King

I was chatting with a gentleman in another group:

He said you can rebuild them all you want, but the firmware in the computer
must be updated, other wise the transmission will continue to self destruct.

I have heard of this before, but I am limited in Dodge/Chrysler experience,
I do mostly GM/

I hope this helps?

Refinish King

PS
Call a few transmission rebuilders, and ask about this, and tell the
rebuilder. He is ultimately responsible.

"johndoe" > wrote in message news:ARxPc.260$an.224@trndny08...
> The car slipped into a lower gear after getting warmed up driving around

for

Old August 4th 04, 09:15 AM
Ted Mittelstaedt

"Refinish King" > wrote in message
> I was chatting with a gentleman in another group:
>
> He said you can rebuild them all you want, but the firmware in the

computer
> must be updated, other wise the transmission will continue to self

destruct.

This is the case for early models of these. The OP didn't say what year he
was using. If the trans computer has cooling fins it is a newer style. The
older non-finned styles cannot be flashed, and the early ones of those
have the bad firmware.

The fact the problem still exists after $2G spent is pretty indicitave the
original
mechanic didn't know what he was doing. If I was the OP I would have filed
a credit card chargeback quicker than ****. How is the mechanic going to
even
prove he put in a new trans if the problem is still there? For all the OP
knows, it
could be the same trans.

Ted

Old August 4th 04, 09:15 AM
Ted Mittelstaedt

2000 Dodge Intrepid PCM Darrick Dodge 0 July 12th 04 02:20 PM
Dodge Intrepid vibration murron Dodge 4 June 11th 04 06:56 PM