300M still clunks

Old February 7th 06, 02:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default 300M still clunks

So I've been trying to get the clunks out of my 300M for months now so I can
give the car to my in-laws. First under the extended warranty. Now its on
my nickel. Front struts were replaced. So was steering rack and some other
odd pieces. At that point clunks became unpredictably intermittent and no
amount of jostling the car or moving things underneath could duplicate them.
On my nickel the bottom half of the steering column was replaced and the
front struts were replaced again along with the bearing plates they sit on.
Now the clunk is even rarer but still happens. The annoying thing about it
is each time I remind the dealer not to overtighten the screws for the wiper
trim but they always ruin the plastic blocks they screw into. Also each
time the steering wheel is crooked when I pick up the car. I just left them
the car to fix those 2 issues again. I will be giving up on the clunk and
with the purchase of 2 Honda's, that will be it for Chrysler for a while.

Old February 7th 06, 10:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Sorry to hear that they still can't fix it right. Is there another Chrysler
dealer in the area? Perhaps they might be able to assist.

What kind of Honda are you looking at?

I'm still debating on the 300 C :-(

Ken

--
"Now Phoebe Snow direct can go
from thirty-third to Buffalo.

link.net...

Old February 7th 06, 01:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

We bought a Honda minvan so I could carry my 90 year old father's power
chair in the back on occassion. I looked at the Chrysler, Ford, and Toyota
but the Honda won out. We rented a Chrysler minivan in Florida for a week
and it was ok but the honda handling and ride is much better. We never
liked our Toyota Avalon with all of the rattles so we were biased against
buying another Toyota. The Ford has a very poor reliability record
according to Consumer Reports.

My wife wanted a hybrid without sacrifice so she bought an Accord hybrid
after trying a Prius and the new Civic hybrid. Her second choice would have
been a Civic hybrid. The Prius is a pain to start. I guess they wanted it
to be different. They succeeded. What's wrong with turning a key? The
Accord hybrid doesn't get you tremendous gas mileage but it feels like a V8.

I am thinking about taking the 300M to a family owned front end shop or a
collision shop. Maybe another dealer but I doubt it. Mine is the best I've
found in the area for Chrysler.

The only thing lousy about the Accord Hybrid is they left out all the
electronic gadgets Chrysler spoils you with like auto locking doors, auto
headlights, memory seats. A trunk net and automatic real view mirror are
dealer installed options if you can believe that. The navigation seems cool
but I'll have to read the directions to figure it out.

ink.net...

Old February 7th 06, 09:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Good luck with the new vehicle.

I had looked at the new Avalon and it has much to offer. It's great on gas
and fast. Plenty of space for people like me who are over 6 feet. Oh, and it
uses regular gas.

Still undecided here :-(

Ken

--
"Now Phoebe Snow direct can go
from thirty-third to Buffalo.
From Broadway bright the tubes run right
Into the Road of Anthracite"
Erie - Lackawanna

ink.net...

Old February 7th 06, 10:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Also the new Camry comes out in a few months. 6 months early. Another turn
of the screw for Ford and GM. I believe it is based on the new Avalon
platform or visa versa. The hybrid will probably be cheaper than the
Avalon. Of course if you want speed, it is not the car to wait for. The
hybrid will be a 4 cylinder.

link.net...

Old February 8th 06, 02:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 22:13:06 +0000, Art wrote:

> Also the new Camry comes out in a few months. 6 months early. Another turn
> of the screw for Ford and GM. I believe it is based on the new Avalon
> platform or visa versa. The hybrid will probably be cheaper than the
> Avalon. Of course if you want speed, it is not the car to wait for. The
> hybrid will be a 4 cylinder.
>

> "NJ Vike" > wrote in message
> link.net...
>> Good luck with the new vehicle.
>>
>> I had looked at the new Avalon and it has much to offer. It's great on gas
>> and fast. Plenty of space for people like me who are over 6 feet. Oh, and
>> it uses regular gas.
>>
>> Still undecided here :-(
>>
>> Ken

If Art had been Smart, he would have bought a new Camry when it came out.
Then nobody would be kicking his ass out of the Toyota group!

What kind of a guy gives his in-laws a CLUNKER, ART?!?!?!?!

--
Have your Virtual Pet spayed/neutered!!

Old February 8th 06, 07:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

and more money leaves this country esp. michigan

Old February 8th 06, 08:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

philthy wrote:

> and more money leaves this country esp. michigan

Don't worry - it will come back as the asians keep supporting the US
govt's federal debt by buying it up.

Bush and Congress don't raise taxes so that Joe Q American has more
disposable income to buy more stuff from Asia (cars, Walmart stuff,
etc), and the Asians in turn take that money and buy US debt. US
interest rates go up (which makes that debt more expensive over time)
and soon China will be directing US foreign policy. Makes sense to
me.
Old February 8th 06, 10:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Not yet.

The 300C is still the top contender as while I was having my M serviced, I
sat in both the Daytona (Top Banana) and the 300C. Each vehicle offers so
much room.

I also like the Yukon Denali, yea, I know it's different but both the
Daytona and Denali won't be around next year. Well, the Denali will but it
will be a new model.

Ken

--
"Now Phoebe Snow direct can go
from thirty-third to Buffalo.
From Broadway bright the tubes run right
Into the Road of Anthracite"
Erie - Lackawanna

Old February 8th 06, 10:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

> The Accord hybrid doesn't get you tremendous gas mileage but it
>>>feels like a V8.

The Accord hybrid has to be the STUPIDEST thing I've ever seen. All the
expense and maintenance of a hybrid, without any mileage advantage worth
writing home about. Hell, it'll never even pay for itself. Its the car
for people who want to *say* they have a hybrid but don't care a whit
about whether it actually does any good.

Of all the hybrids on the market, Toyota's design (and the licensed
version in the Ford Escape) is the only one that really makes sense,
because its the only one that breaks the direct connection between the
IC engine and the wheels allowing the IC engine to be highly optimized
to operate at a fixed speed (two different speeds, actually) to gain as
much efficiency out of the engine itself as possible. The Honda designs
are just about useless because the IC engine still has to produce power
everywhere from idle to redline, and that is the biggest single
requirement that forces a whole slew of compromises in the engine's
design and tuning.

300M clunk Art Chrysler 1 February 8th 06 02:11 AM
300M Trailer questions, What is the answer?!? Steve Chrysler 10 May 20th 05 12:02 AM
300M AT stuck in second gear D & J Bergevin Chrysler 1 October 31st 04 03:33 PM
300M Club has a new forum home Bill Putney Chrysler 0 October 24th 04 04:44 AM