UK Service prices - 2001 147

Old May 21st 05, 10:15 AM
Ash

Default UK Service prices - 2001 147

Hi,

Can anyone give me a rough idea how much i should expect to pay for a 48k
service on a 1.6 147 lusso ?

TIA
Ash

Old May 22nd 05, 11:48 PM
John, UK.

Ash wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone give me a rough idea how much i should expect to pay for a

48k
> service on a 1.6 147 lusso ?
>
> TIA
> Ash

Hi Ash,
Assuming the car has had a cam belt change at 36k, I would think that
the 48k service should be just a small service, oil change and minor
checks.I don't go to dealers for my service as they charge too high for
doing very little. But a basic service at an independant runs at round
about =A3180.I'm sure someone will come on with the true price for you
soon. Price's for service are going through the roof at all garages
lately. So much for service records, I think at the end of the day
these garages are pushing talk about must have service records just to
boost work and profit for themselves, we wouldn't mind if they were
doing anything for the money, but I'm afraid an oil change and a quick
glance around a car for =A3180 is getting rather high, when you or I
could change the oil and filter in 30 minutes max. And at =A360+ per
hour labour, for 30 minutes =3D=A330 + =A335 for oil & filter, what do they
do for the other =A3115? Apart from talk about what they have checked
acording to the RULE book.
John, UK.

Old June 17th 05, 09:05 PM
SteveH

johnyf > wrote:

> I just bought a 147 on a 2001 with 41 000 miles. Im looking to get is
> serviced ASAP, but im not sure if it was had a cam belt chnaged.
>
> Is there any way of knowing ?

Not really, I'm afraid.

I had a look at the belt that came out of my Passat and it looked pretty
new. Mechanic reckoned the tensioner would have given out before the
belt.

My rule is that if there's any doubt, you should change it.
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark Lusso - Passat 1.8 Turbo SE - COSOC KOTL
Old June 17th 05, 09:43 PM
Ross

"johnyf" > wrote in message
news:1_608782_191ec59ef7d3571a222747d9cc6ba9f7@aut oforumz.com...

> I just bought a 147 on a 2001 with 41 000 miles. Im looking to get is
> serviced ASAP, but im not sure if it was had a cam belt chnaged.
>
> Is there any way of knowing ?

If you've got a service history with the car you could try contacting the
garage that carried out the last service, they may have a record of what was
done.

Regards
Ross