Replacement tires for 300C AWD, where iarethe pressure sensors?

Old August 19th 08, 07:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
General Schvantzkopf

Default Replacement tires for 300C AWD, where are the pressure sensors?

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 13:25:40 -0400, rob wrote:

> if i were you I'd trust those quick lube places as far as i could throw
> them......

What's not to trust? It's a simple task that they perform all day long,
it's pretty hard to screw up. I use Mobil 1 which comes from bottles not
from a barrel so they aren't going to be slipping some low grade oil in.
I've been using the same place for 10 years and I've never had a problem.
Old August 19th 08, 07:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Count Floyd[_2_]

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 17:25:40 UTC, "rob" > wrote:

> if i were you I'd trust those quick lube places as far as i could throw
> them......

The Mobil Lube places are good. We get the Mobile One and actually
watch them pour it in by the bottle. We can also see the guy changing
the filter. We have never had a bad experience at a Mobile, but I
have heard of bad experiences at Jiffy Lube.
Old August 19th 08, 07:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Steve[_1_]

>> The only thing I still do myself is
>> build my own computers, and I do that for fun not to save money.

I consider changing engine oil (or any other work on a car) FAR more fun
than assembling computers.... that's way too close to what I do for work.

But then I enjoy mowing my own lawn (and fixing my own mower), planting
my own flowerbeds, wiring my own house, planting my own garden,
remodeling the house, building my own deck, etc. etc. etc. too. F**k
golf and jogging, give me a hobby with tangible results! :-)

Old August 19th 08, 07:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Steve[_1_]

General Schvantzkopf wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 13:25:40 -0400, rob wrote:
>
>> if i were you I'd trust those quick lube places as far as i could throw
>> them......

> What's not to trust?

That they use the correct oil.
That they use the correct AMOUNT of oil.
That they put it in the right hole (engine oil in the transmission anyone?)
That they drain the old oil.
That they don't strip the drain plug.
That they tighten the filter.
That they don't OVER tighten the filter.
That they put the right fluids in the differential and transmission.
That they don't overtighten those fill plugs.
The list goes on for pages.... I just got through un-screwing a long
list of things that Jiffy Lube (used religiously by the previous owner)
screwed up on my Cherokee.

> It's a simple task that they perform all day long,
> it's pretty hard to screw up.

So's flipping burgers.... how many times does your lunch order get
screwed up?

Old August 19th 08, 08:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
General Schvantzkopf

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 13:53:08 -0500, Steve wrote:

> General Schvantzkopf wrote:
>> On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 13:25:40 -0400, rob wrote:
>>
>>> if i were you I'd trust those quick lube places as far as i could
>>> throw them......

>> What's not to trust?

> That they use the correct oil.
> That they use the correct AMOUNT of oil. That they put it in the right
> hole (engine oil in the transmission anyone?) That they drain the old
> oil.
> That they don't strip the drain plug. That they tighten the filter.
> That they don't OVER tighten the filter. That they put the right fluids
> in the differential and transmission. That they don't overtighten those
> fill plugs. The list goes on for pages.... I just got through
> un-screwing a long list of things that Jiffy Lube (used religiously by
> the previous owner) screwed up on my Cherokee.
>
>> It's a simple task that they perform all day long, it's pretty hard to
>> screw up.

> So's flipping burgers.... how many times does your lunch order get
> screwed up?

Why is someone who does 40-50 oil changes a day using pneumatic tools and
standing comfortably in a pit with decent lighting more likely to make a
mistake than someone who does 2 oil changes a year, with a socket wrench
that has no torque calibration, laying on his back in a driveway with a
flashlight for illumination? I do count the bottles of Mobil 1 that use,
just to be on the safe side, but I've never seen them use the wrong number.

Old August 19th 08, 08:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
rob

and lets not forget.........the ones who actually pull the filter and put a
new one on (instead of just cleaning your old one and telling you they did)
and when they change it out, forget to check if the old o- ring come off
with the filter???

remember most of them deal in volume of work, not quality of work.

news

Old August 19th 08, 08:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
rob

you let them use air tools on your drain plug?

Old August 19th 08, 09:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Percival P. Cassidy[_2_]

On 08/19/08 01:25 pm rob wrote:

> if i were you I'd trust those quick lube places as far as i could throw
> them......

Why are quick lube places inherently untrustworthy and dealerships or
Joe's Auto Service inherently trustworthy?

A few decades ago in another country my cousin was getting oil filters
free or cheap from a friend who worked in an auto service place and was
checking new filters out from the store and not installing them.

Perce
Old August 19th 08, 10:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

General Schvantzkopf wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 13:53:08 -0500, Steve wrote:
>
>> General Schvantzkopf wrote:

>>> What's not to trust?

>> That they use the correct oil.
>> That they use the correct AMOUNT of oil. That they put it in the right
>> hole (engine oil in the transmission anyone?) That they drain the old
>> oil.
>> That they don't strip the drain plug. That they tighten the filter.
>> That they don't OVER tighten the filter. That they put the right fluids
>> in the differential and transmission. That they don't overtighten those
>> fill plugs. The list goes on for pages.... I just got through
>> un-screwing a long list of things that Jiffy Lube (used religiously by
>> the previous owner) screwed up on my Cherokee.
>>
>>> It's a simple task that they perform all day long, it's pretty hard to
>>> screw up.

>> So's flipping burgers.... how many times does your lunch order get
>> screwed up?

> Why is someone who does 40-50 oil changes a day using pneumatic tools and
> standing comfortably in a pit with decent lighting more likely to make a
> mistake than someone who does 2 oil changes a year, with a socket wrench
> that has no torque calibration, laying on his back in a driveway with a
> flashlight for illumination?...

It would probably be impossible for a DIY'er to strip an oil pan plug
with normal size wrenches - lying on their back or otherwise. However
it is routine for "professional" mechanics to do it with either impact
wrenches cranked all the way up or with extra long wrenches and pulling
as hard as they can (maybe they are trained to do so or just lack
intelligence, or are mad at the world and are intentionally destructive
- who knows why or exactly how?). Regardless of *how* or *why* they do
it (I almost believe that a person would have to *want* to do it to
accomplish it), they do manage to do it quite often, whereas I can't
imagine a DIY'er, competent or not, accomplishing it (unless they are
using an impact wrench and have no brains).

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old August 19th 08, 10:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
> On 08/19/08 01:25 pm rob wrote:
>
>> if i were you I'd trust those quick lube places as far as i could
>> throw them......

> Why are quick lube places inherently untrustworthy and dealerships or
> Joe's Auto Service inherently trustworthy?

Good point. I actually - before and after - visually checked the oil
filter and the color and level of the oil in my elderly mother's brand
new car the first time she took it in for an oil change at the local
Chrysler dealer. When she got it back, it still had the flat black
filter on it with "ORIGINAL FACTORY FILTER" paint stamped on it, and the
oil level and color were the same as when she took it in. It was not a
"free" "change" - they charged her for it. Do you think it was an
honest mistake?

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')