Replacement tires for 300C AWD, where iarethe pressure sensors?

Old August 19th 08, 01:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
MoPar Man

Default Replacement tires for 300C AWD, where iarethe pressure sensors?

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote:

> > Nothing beats a set of dedicated snow tires for winter. Save
> > your factor rims for the other seasons.

> TireRack had only expensive alloy wheels for this car. Mo cheapie
> steel wheels for use with snow tires.

No reason why you can't buy winter rims from another source - unless the
300C has an odd wheel size.

I think I've remarked in the past that Chrysler chose a particularly
expensive tire and wheel size for the 300C.

I paid $35 each for steel winter rims for my 300m back about 5 years
ago...

Even though my 300m came with 17" rims, I put 16" steel rims on the
front, and 15" steel rims on the back for winter tires (I wanted taller
and narrower snow tires).
Old August 19th 08, 01:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
MoPar Man

Default Replacement tires for 300C AWD, where are the pressure sensors?

Private Schvantzkopf wrote:

> I got the Michelin's at Costco,

To each his own. You could have done better.

> I'm pretty happy with them,

After how many miles so far???

5? 25?

> Costco came in at $630

When your pressure sensors run down and you need to replace them, will
costco swap in new ones for free?
Old August 19th 08, 02:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
General Schvantzkopf

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 20:47:28 -0400, MoPar Man wrote:

> Private Schvantzkopf wrote:
>
>> I got the Michelin's at Costco,

> To each his own. You could have done better.
>
>> I'm pretty happy with them,

> After how many miles so far???
>
> 5? 25?
>
>> Costco came in at $630

> When your pressure sensors run down and you need to replace them, will
> costco swap in new ones for free?

Are you asking if Costco would do the labor on sensor replacements for
free, I doubt it. I can't imagine anybody doing that. I assume that when I
need new sensors I'll have the Chrysler dealer put them in.

The fact is that it was a hell of a deal compared to everybody else. It's
also more convenient for doing the tire rotations since I do all my
shopping there anyway. If you figure that the tires should last 5 years, a
twice a year rotation would be worth about $300.
Old August 19th 08, 02:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

MoPar Man wrote:

> ...Even though my 300m came with 17" rims, I put 16" steel rims on the
> front, and 15" steel rims on the back for winter tires (I wanted taller
> and narrower snow tires).

You probably know, or at least found out the hard way, that 15" wheels
will not clear the brake calipers on the front.

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old August 19th 08, 04:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bob Shuman

If you are happy with the deal, then that is all that matters. For the
record, I have found Michelin to be expensive, but the best value for my
money since I hang onto cars for around 12 years. The last set of Michelins
lasted 60K+ miles on my Minivan and they still had some tread left after 6
years. The Goodyear Eagles they replaced were completely bald at less than
3 years and 32K miles.

Bob

Old August 19th 08, 02:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
MoPar Man

Full Quoter Private Schvantzkopf wrote:

> > When your pressure sensors run down and you need to replace them,
> > will costco swap in new ones for free?

> Are you asking if Costco would do the labor on ...

I'm making a sarcastic comment that (a) Chrysler did a bone-head thing
by not allowing owners to deactivate the pressure sensor system, and (b)
that by not installing new sensors that you too will soon experience the
joy of dealing with the system and forking out more money to install
them on your mediocre new tires.

> The fact is that it was a hell of a deal compared to everybody else.

You paid too much for what are low-performance tires.

Getting a good deal on **** still means you have ****.

Wait till you factor in paying for someone having to pop the tires off
the rims to install new pressure sensors. Have you factored in that
cost?

> If you figure that the tires should last 5 years, a
> twice a year rotation would be worth about $300.

A floor jack and 1/2 hour of my time in the spring and fall and I've
swapped my tires.

Can't change your own tires???
Old August 19th 08, 02:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
MoPar Man

Top-poster and Full-Quoter Bob Shuman wrote:

> If you are happy with the deal, then that is all that matters.

No, that's not all that matters.

He may have gotten the lowest price around for installing a set of
****ty tires, but for the same price he could have gotten much better
tires.

> The Goodyear Eagles they replaced were completely bald at less
> than 3 years and 32K miles.

Bragging that you drive around on bald tires isin't necessarily
flattering...
Old August 19th 08, 02:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
General Schvantzkopf

> Can't change your own tires???

Not can't, won't. I have no interest in doing any type of automobile
maintenance myself, not even oil changes. In my youth I did my own
tuneups, which was back in the era that you did tuneups every spring and
fall, but I stopped doing that when traded in my 72 Maverick for my 80
Chevy Citation (what a piece of crap that car was). I did my own oil
changes until the mid 90s but with the advent of 10 minute oil change
places I stopped doing that also. The only thing I still do myself is
build my own computers, and I do that for fun not to save money.
Old August 19th 08, 03:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bob Shuman[_2_]

MoPar Man,

Thanks for sharing your opinions on ****ty tires, top posting, quote
inclusion, and your outlook on life!

For the record, I wasn't bragging about getting 32K milers out of my OEM
Goodyear Eagle tires either, just noting my poor experience.

Bob

Old August 19th 08, 06:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
rob

if i were you I'd trust those quick lube places as far as i could throw
them......