How can I save myself from this ticket?

Old March 14th 05, 10:42 PM
Bachus

Default How can I save myself from this ticket?

I got my first ticket in a downtown area in New Jersey for making a
left turn on a "no left turn". I am a new driver and I was completely
misguided on taking the turn by following the car which was just ahead
of me. The guy in the car took a the turn and so did I. I couldn't see
any signs for no turn as I had already made the decision to turn by
seeing the next car turning. I am not sure if the signs over there are
visible enough to see from a distance.

Of course both of us were issued tickets for this.

My question is, can I plead guilty in court and try to get the points
off? Is there any other option for beating the ticket?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

BS.

Old March 14th 05, 11:04 PM
Motorhead Lawyer

Bachus wrote:
> I got my first ticket in a downtown area in New Jersey for making a
> left turn on a "no left turn". I am a new driver and I was completely
> misguided on taking the turn by following the car which was just

ahead
> of me. The guy in the car took a the turn and so did I. I couldn't

see
> any signs for no turn as I had already made the decision to turn by
> seeing the next car turning. I am not sure if the signs over there

are
> visible enough to see from a distance.
>
> Of course both of us were issued tickets for this.
>
> My question is, can I plead guilty in court and try to get the points
> off? Is there any other option for beating the ticket?
>

> Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
>
> BS.

I don't have an answer to offer. I just wanted to be the first to
extend my sympathies for your unfortunate initials. I don't imagine
your monogrammed bath towels should be brown ...
--
Ol' C.R.

Old March 14th 05, 11:09 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, Bachus wrote:

> I got my first ticket in a downtown area in New Jersey for making a
> left turn on a "no left turn". I am a new driver and I was completely
> misguided on taking the turn by following the car which was just ahead
> of me.

That'll learn you:

-Not to follow the idiot in front of you like a brainless sheep, but to
use your eyes and brain and actually, y'know, DRIVE your car.

-Not to live in a ****ty-assed place like New Jersey.

> I couldn't see any signs for no turn as I had already made the decision
> to turn by seeing the next car turning. I am not sure if the signs over
> there are visible enough to see from a distance.

> Of course both of us were issued tickets for this.

Good. You deserve a ticket for not paying attention to the driving task.

> My question is, can I plead guilty in court and try to get the points
> off? Is there any other option for beating the ticket?

You can try anything that occurs to you.

> BS.

Indeed.
Old March 15th 05, 05:34 AM
John Harlow

> My question is, can I plead guilty in court and try to get the points
> off? Is there any other option for beating the ticket?

Going to court is always preferrable; you might get a reduced charge, and
(assuming you don't make a total ass out of yourself) you won't end up any
worse off. However, being a new driver, you haven't built up much "driving
equity" so you don't have much to bargain with.

Just try to grow from it. Each of us (including myself) can stand
improvement.

Old March 15th 05, 01:39 PM
The Office Jet

Go to court, see if they'll let you go to driving school and reduce the
points. Otherwise, if you don't go to court, I'd just mail them your
wallet with a return envelope.

Old March 15th 05, 02:21 PM
Big Bill

On 14 Mar 2005 14:42:34 -0800, "Bachus" > wrote:

>I got my first ticket in a downtown area in New Jersey for making a
>left turn on a "no left turn". I am a new driver and I was completely
>misguided on taking the turn by following the car which was just ahead
>of me. The guy in the car took a the turn and so did I. I couldn't see
>any signs for no turn as I had already made the decision to turn by
>seeing the next car turning. I am not sure if the signs over there are
>visible enough to see from a distance.
>
>Of course both of us were issued tickets for this.

convince the judge you didn't deserve the ticket.

>My question is, can I plead guilty in court and try to get the points
>off? Is there any other option for beating the ticket?

If you don't want to be punished, don't plead guilty.

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"
Old March 15th 05, 02:27 PM
Cory Dunkle

"Daniel J. Stern" > wrote in message
n.umich.edu...
> -Not to live in a ****ty-assed place like New Jersey.

*raises glass* Here here!

Cory (a NJ resident, wishing he still lived in MI)

Old March 15th 05, 02:29 PM
Cory Dunkle

"Big Bill" > wrote in message
> On 14 Mar 2005 14:42:34 -0800, "Bachus" > wrote:
>
> >I got my first ticket in a downtown area in New Jersey for making a
> >left turn on a "no left turn". I am a new driver and I was completely
> >misguided on taking the turn by following the car which was just ahead
> >of me. The guy in the car took a the turn and so did I. I couldn't see
> >any signs for no turn as I had already made the decision to turn by
> >seeing the next car turning. I am not sure if the signs over there are
> >visible enough to see from a distance.
> >
> >Of course both of us were issued tickets for this.

> convince the judge you didn't deserve the ticket.

Yes, if there are no such sings... *wink wink, nudge nudge*

Cory

Old March 23rd 05, 07:00 AM
Audiofan2

Daniel, you sound like a real jerk.