266k Mile YJ

Old March 19th 05, 07:06 PM
Carl Saiyed

Default 266k Mile YJ

Looking at another YJ. This one is from the original owner. It has 266,000
on the original 2.5L. He wants to trade it for my 89 Cherokee with 135,000.
The YJ is an 89, white, good condition, never wheeled, bone stock. My
Cherokee is an 89, 6cyl, 2" lift. He says the YJ isn't big enough for his
family to go camping in anymore and he wants a Cherokee. I'll be keeping my
tires.

I really like his YJ, but im concerened about 266,000 miles on the
drivetrain. It appears to be in very good condition, and does not use oil.
What would a 4.0 conversion cost? A replacement 2.5? Suggestions? Can a 2.5
really last that long?

Carl

Old March 20th 05, 11:26 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Pass.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old March 21st 05, 01:35 AM
griffin

Oh god ...I'll second that. Pass! Carborated 2.5L with 266,000 *miles*?!
Booourns. That thing is toasted oats. He wants to trade it cuz he knows
he'll be hearing a knocking sound soon and it won't be the pizza man
....it'll be the cylinders. And if the engine manages to last, everything
else will break within 6 months.

Old March 21st 05, 05:42 AM
Brian

Yea, pass. Get 91 or later, fuel injection + other reasons.

-Brian