Moron Crashes RV, Kills His Son, His Friend, and His Friend's Daughter

Old June 22nd 05, 03:18 PM
Scott en Aztlán

Default Moron Crashes RV, Kills His Son, His Friend, and His Friend's Daughter

Four people died in this fiery crash. The one who survived was not
wearing a seat belt and was ejected from the vehicle - how's that for
irony? And all because some moron fell asleep at the wheel...

http://www.dailystar.com/dailystar/metro/80941.php

A fiery RV crash on a California highway killed four Tucson-area
residents - a champion speedboat racer, his son and two friends - and
left a teenage girl critically burned.

The collision occurred at about 10:30 p.m. Thursday along Interstate
10 near Indio, Calif., when the westbound recreational vehicle drifted
off the road, hit a guardrail and crashed into a center divider,
exploding into flames.

Lance Matty, a 52-year-old speedboat racer from Sahuarita, his
15-year-old son Daniel, and his crew chief Floyd "Joe" Perrin of
Tucson, 42, and Perrin's daughter Ashley, 14, were killed, said
Officer Eric Peńa, a spokesman for the California Highway Patrol.

The lone survivor, Matty's 17-year-old daughter Christina, was ejected
from the vehicle and pulled to safety by witnesses. She was burned
over 70 percent of her body and was taken to Desert Regional Medical
Center in Palms Springs in critical condition. Christina has since
been transferred to a burn center in Colton, Calif.

Old June 23rd 05, 05:10 AM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

Scott en Aztl=E1n wrote:
> Four people died in this fiery crash. The one who survived was not
> wearing a seat belt and was ejected from the vehicle - how's that for
> irony? And all because some moron fell asleep at the wheel...
>
> http://www.dailystar.com/dailystar/metro/80941.php
>
> A fiery RV crash on a California highway killed four Tucson-area
> residents - a champion speedboat racer, his son and two friends - and
> left a teenage girl critically burned.
>
> The collision occurred at about 10:30 p.m. Thursday along Interstate
> 10 near Indio, Calif., when the westbound recreational vehicle drifted
> off the road, hit a guardrail and crashed into a center divider,
> exploding into flames.
>
> Lance Matty, a 52-year-old speedboat racer from Sahuarita, his
> 15-year-old son Daniel, and his crew chief Floyd "Joe" Perrin of
> Tucson, 42, and Perrin's daughter Ashley, 14, were killed, said
> Officer Eric Pe=F1a, a spokesman for the California Highway Patrol.
>
> The lone survivor, Matty's 17-year-old daughter Christina, was ejected
> from the vehicle and pulled to safety by witnesses. She was burned
> over 70 percent of her body and was taken to Desert Regional Medical
> Center in Palms Springs in critical condition. Christina has since
> been transferred to a burn center in Colton, Calif.

I admit the driver did something wrong and was to blame, but how do the
authorities know he fell asleep at the wheel.?

Old June 23rd 05, 03:15 PM
Scott en Aztlán

On 22 Jun 2005 21:10:04 -0700, "Laura Bush murdered her boy friend"
> wrote:

>I admit the driver did something wrong and was to blame, but how do the
>authorities know he fell asleep at the wheel.?

That's the most probable explanation for a solo-vehicle accident in
the wee hours of the morning. Of course, we'll probably never know
since the driver and most of the witnesses are dead, and the only
survivor was probably asleep when the accident occurred.

Old June 23rd 05, 03:26 PM
Larry Bud

Scott en Aztl=E1n wrote:
> Four people died in this fiery crash. The one who survived was not
> wearing a seat belt and was ejected from the vehicle - how's that for
> irony? And all because some moron fell asleep at the wheel...

There was an old Carson character named "Floyd R. Turbo". I remember a
bit he did, kind of a PSA, speaking AGAINST seat belts... In his
hick/stupid voice he says "People say seat belts keep you in your car
during an accident.... who wants to be in a car during an accident?"

Old June 23rd 05, 03:28 PM
Larry Bud

> I admit the driver did something wrong and was to blame, but how do the
> authorities know he fell asleep at the wheel.?

Is that a question or a statement? I can't tell with your constant use
of both a period and a question mark.

Perhaps you need to read up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Question_mark

A question mark (or, less commonly, an interrogation point) is a
punctuation mark that REPLACES the period at the end of an
interrogative sentence.

Old June 24th 05, 04:12 AM
Scott en Aztlán

On 23 Jun 2005 07:26:46 -0700, "Larry Bud" >
wrote:

>There was an old Carson character named "Floyd R. Turbo". I remember a
>bit he did

Now THAT'S dating yourself!

Old September 26th 05, 04:27 AM
pacific0

Eleni,

I'm married to Lance's sister, Mindy, and live here in Tucson. I enjoyed talking with your Dad for the first time at the memorial last night. I only knew him by name and only as "Caveman" all this time so it was good to meet him and find out his real name! It was good to meet you as well, even though it was just as y'all we're leaving.

For Scott, and any others who agree with Scott's delusions of reality about what really happened in this accident, the memorial for Lance Matty was so large it overfilled the church and afterwards people gathered to celebrate his life and tell great stories. He was a very well-respected man, champion dragboat racer, car aficionado, great friend to all, and loving father to his kids. Scott, you should be so lucky as to have the kind of outpouring he received when your time is up. I have no doubt it will pale in comparison and perhaps that thought will serve as a motivation for change for you.

Jeff

--
pacific0

View this thread: http://www.carstalk.net/viewtopic-322066.html

Send from http://www.carstalk.net

Old September 26th 05, 07:48 AM
Arif Khokar

pacific0 wrote:

<snip>

I've heard of people making the mistake of inadvertently posting a
personal email to a newsgroup, but I'm not able to figure out how
someone could be stupid enough to do the same thing using a usenet portal.
Old September 26th 05, 03:08 PM
Scott en Aztlán

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 06:48:21 GMT, Arif Khokar >
wrote:

>pacific0 wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>I've heard of people making the mistake of inadvertently posting a
>personal email to a newsgroup, but I'm not able to figure out how
>someone could be stupid enough to do the same thing using a usenet portal.

Morons of a feather flock together, I guess.

Old September 26th 05, 03:16 PM
Scott en Aztlán

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 05:27:10 +0200, pacific0
> wrote:

> For Scott, and any others who agree with Scott's delusions of reality about what really happened in this accident

Delusions? OK, so why don't you set me straight and tell me what
REALLY happened? What caused that RV to just drift off the road and
crash into a concrete divider? If the driver was wide awake, why did
he lose control?

>the memorial for Lance Matty was so large it overfilled the church and afterwards people gathered to celebrate his life
>and tell great stories. He was a very well-respected man, champion dragboat racer, car aficionado, great friend to all,
>and loving father to his kids.

And that is supposed to be some kind of refutation of my theory
regarding the cause of the crash?

Get a grip - lots of morons are nice guys, and lots of morons are
popular (just look at George W. Bush).

>Scott, you should be so lucky as to have the kind of outpouring he received when your time is up. I have no doubt it will
>pale in comparison and perhaps that thought will serve as a motivation for change for you.

I'll tell you one thing: I'm definitely motivated to never DWD (Drive
While Drowsy). I'd rather have NO friends and be alive than snuff
myself out in my prime for no good reason whatsoever.