emissions on U.S. vs Euro cars

Old May 6th 06, 03:50 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default emissions on U.S. vs Euro cars

Is there a difference in emissions standards between cars sold in U.S. and
Europe? If so, describe.

For ex., is there a difference in the emission standards between a Ford
focus sold in U.K., and Ford focus sold in U.S.? Or Mercedes, or Volvo, or
etc....? If there is a difference, is it a legal one, i.e., car bought in
Germany canno be driven in U.S., etc?

elaborate if you know........

bob

Old May 6th 06, 05:57 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

bob wrote:
> Is there a difference in emissions standards between cars sold in U.S. and
> Europe? If so, describe.
>
> For ex., is there a difference in the emission standards between a Ford
> focus sold in U.K., and Ford focus sold in U.S.? Or Mercedes, or Volvo, or
> etc....? If there is a difference, is it a legal one, i.e., car bought in
> Germany canno be driven in U.S., etc?
>
> elaborate if you know........
>
> bob

And the reason you can't Google, for instance, "Euopean vehicle
emissions", "EPA vehicle emission standards", "California Air Resources
Board", or other similar made-up search line might be?

Old May 6th 06, 08:26 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Yeh, lazy.
oups.com...

Old May 6th 06, 08:46 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Short answer is yes, there is a BIG difference. In many other countries
there are NO emissions standards on autos. That is why importing them is
hard, they do not meet the tougher standards in the US. Some countries
have limited standards that are still far lower than the US. It is one
of the reasons why the diesels that folks seem to think they want also
cannot be imported. They do not meet the EPA standards.

--
Steve W.

Old May 6th 06, 08:54 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Steve W. wrote:
> Short answer is yes, there is a BIG difference. ...
> They do not meet the EPA standards.

Not to mention standards on tires, glass, headlights, etc.

I think the EU has adopted emission standards that are equal to U.S.
standards...as the other guy said, Google would be a good way to find out.
Old May 9th 06, 12:23 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

"Shep" > wrote in message
> Yeh, lazy.

actually i googled some stuff, and a bunch of unrelated info popped up..

bob

Old May 9th 06, 05:06 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

yes Bob,
you ask a simple question, and you get a bunch of smart-ass answers from
the no-nothings, that would best serve the forum by zipping the lips.

And, their lack of intelligence prevents them from participating in a
dialogue - that might help others. a sorry lot.

Bob sez,
>actually i googled some stuff,
>and a bunch of unrelated info popped >up..

what you experienced - according to your above remark - is typical.

Old May 9th 06, 02:42 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

bob wrote:
:
> Is there a difference in emissions standards between cars sold in U.S.
> and Europe?

"Vehicle Emission Standards Around the Globe," Ford Motor Co.:

http://www.worldenergy.org/wec-geis/.../NZConf/03.pdf

> If so, describe.

Don't be such a pushy twit, and next time, leave out irritating and
unneeded commands like that.

Old May 9th 06, 11:19 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

thanks cavedweller. and silly me, i figured that somebody who actually knew
something about the topic might chime in, but nope.

bob

wrote:
> yes Bob,
> you ask a simple question, and you get a bunch of smart-ass answers from
> the no-nothings, that would best serve the forum by zipping the lips.

A simple question? The guy expects someone to cough up a summary of
what has taken the industry the last 30 or so years to develop, and
"report back" without even a suggestion that he has a need for the
information other than just being "curious" (that's the word you use,
too) and everyone is supposed to hop to it?.....I don't think so.

If Bob had spent some time with a simple Google search he would at
least have had the basics. Why he had trouble with "EPA" is anyone's
guess.

> And, their lack of intelligence prevents them from participating in a
> dialogue - that might help others. a sorry lot.

.....waiting for your own dissertation on the differences between Euro
and US Fed emission regs....you can leave California for another
lecture.

> Bob sez,
> >actually i googled some stuff,
> >and a bunch of unrelated info popped >up..

> what you experienced - according to your above remark - is typical.

Ayup. That darn Google never reads my mind either.

> >mho
> >vfe

pppffftttt.