The New 4Door

Old April 26th 06, 02:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default The New 4Door

Alright, help me out here guys and gals. The new 4 door Jeep Wrangler is too
cool to ignore. The wife and I are considering trading in the Explorer (04'
Eddie Bauer V8) for one. It appears to have room for the girls, grandson,
and the dogs.

Opinions?

Mike and Earle invited too!

Spdloader

Old April 26th 06, 04:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

It all depends on what you are going to use it for.

If you want to do serious rock-hopping this is the wrong vehicle.

If you want to be able to take the wife, kids, grandkids and the dog to a
forest lake or to the beach then this is the perfect vehicle.

Old April 26th 06, 05:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

I love my coils!

tw
2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase')
A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80" wheelbase, 1/4-ton
capacity and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in World War II.

Old April 26th 06, 05:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

We have the '92 Wrangler and '97 for the rougher stuff, the wife is looking
for a good looking "poser" to replace the Explorer.
Beach fishing, looking good at the supermarket, stuff like that.

Spdloader

Old April 26th 06, 05:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Old April 26th 06, 05:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"Earle Horton" > wrote in message
om...
>I don't like it, but it is a step up from the Eddie Bauer Explorer. You
>may
> miss the V8 though. I prefer the looks and feel of a CJ, YJ, FJ40 or the
> like. The newer Jeeps, anything with coil springs in fact, are too
> sissified for me.
>
> If you draped it with camo cloth, it might make a good wolf poaching
> blind.
>
> Earle

True, that is a fine V8. May have to go and test drive one to see.
I see you haven't lost your sense of humor!

Later,

Spdloader

Old April 26th 06, 05:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

That one has the new engine and all that stuff right?

If I had the family size I might think on something like that for a 2nd
Jeep, but I wouldn't buy the first year's production. Usually there are
'bugs' to be worked out. I prefer that to happen on someone else's
dime....

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old April 26th 06, 05:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

> That one has the new engine and all that stuff right?
>
> If I had the family size I might think on something like that for a 2nd
> Jeep, but I wouldn't buy the first year's production. Usually there are
> 'bugs' to be worked out. I prefer that to happen on someone else's
> dime....
>
> Mike

Good point, thanks.

Spdloader

Old April 26th 06, 06:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

I still think you need a bigger engine for a poser vehicle. Maybe if you
wait, they'll put a V8 in it. Anyone know whether the V6 in the TJ, and the
V8 in other offerings, share the same bell housing bolt pattern? Just a
thought.

Earle

Old April 26th 06, 06:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

sounds perfect.