BMW Yearly Improvements

Old December 9th 04, 04:04 AM
K.Young

Default BMW Yearly Improvements

Hey Guys,
I have a E39 (2001 530i) and I was wondering if anybody knows of a web
sight that has a listing of yearly improvements that BMW has made on the 5
series. I'd like to know what changes they made after mine. I'm thinking of
upgrading but I want to find out what they added since 2001
Thanks in advance!
Kevin

Old December 9th 04, 12:29 PM
Kyle and Lori Greene

"K.Young" > wrote in message
> Hey Guys,
> I have a E39 (2001 530i) and I was wondering if anybody knows of a web
> sight that has a listing of yearly improvements that BMW has made on the 5
> series. I'd like to know what changes they made after mine. I'm thinking
> of upgrading but I want to find out what they added since 2001
> Thanks in advance!
> Kevin

They changed the entire car, now the e60 ;-)

Kyle.

Old December 9th 04, 07:48 PM
John Carrier

Are you asking about the incremental improvements to the E39, or whatever
"improvements" are allegedly incorporated in the new 5er, the E60?

The E39 changed very little. I had an 01 and now drive an 03. Auto
headlights added and sport steering wheel changed slightly in 02. 525 got
different wheels. Some fiddling with option packages (went back to separate
Sport and Premium pack from Sport/Premium of 01) which had little effect
except the OBC went to the multi-function version and alphanumeric readout
vice the 4-function, symbol driven OBC (as part of premium pack, used to be
part of DSP or standard on 540). Convenience package incorporated into
Premium pack. Some variations of exterior colors available. That's about
it.

My 01 had fewer E39ish problems (03 has driver's seatback click, pixel loss,
excessive wear on driver's seat bolster and has had two ignition coils fail
.... only one turn signal bulb on the 01 over similar miles).

R / John

Old December 10th 04, 09:57 PM
K.Young

This is exactly what im intrested in. I use to have a 97 528i and I noticed
a significant changes between the two. For instance, the CD in now located
in the dash and the headlights are xenon with angel lights (love that
feature) and the tail lights and sidelights are now white. That is just the
extent of the changes isn't it?

Old December 13th 04, 02:47 AM
Joe BMW

"K.Young" > wrote in
:

> Hey Guys,
> I have a E39 (2001 530i) and I was wondering if anybody knows of a
> web
> sight that has a listing of yearly improvements that BMW has made on
> the 5 series. I'd like to know what changes they made after mine. I'm
> thinking of upgrading but I want to find out what they added since
> 2001 Thanks in advance!
> Kevin

Try http://autos.msn.com

Click on "Prices and specs" under either "NEW" or "USED" in the middle-
top of the page. Enter the make and model and then click on each year
model displayed where you can read the differences year to year.