NSR Demo. laptimes?

Old January 24th 05, 11:34 PM
elrikk

"ymenard" > wrote in message

<snip>

> I forgot the draft gauge. LMAO
>

> --
> -- François Ménard <ymenard>
> -- This announcement is brought to you by the Shimago-Dominguez
> Corporation - helping America into the New World...

I am actually happy they included it.

I mean it's not like it's an active component. ( hit a button to activate
draft sharing or such )
It's just and indicator of roughly how much benefit you are using of it .

I mean real cars don't have little green bars to indicate how the tires are
holding up but they are handy as an indicator. They make up for a lack of
real tactile feel.

Anyway they can be turned off. I love options. ;o)

Elrikk

Old January 24th 05, 11:47 PM
David G Fisher

"ymenard" > wrote in message
> >"CW Webster" <cw.webster@verizondotnet> wrote
> > Thats for the Telemetry in replays not for driving
> >

> >> It's a complete joke. Just the fact that you have to enable the

high-res
> >> physics, shows that it's not targeted for us.

> That actually would show that it's even worse, creating a doubled game
> engine depending on whichever needs you have for the client/server. But
> it's not the case.
>
> I forgot the draft gauge. LMAO

Or the ideal line. Or shift-r. What serious sim would have those?

--
David G Fisher

Old January 25th 05, 12:13 AM
Bob V

"ymenard" > wrote in message
: >"CW Webster" <cw.webster@verizondotnet> wrote
: > Thats for the Telemetry in replays not for driving
: >
: >>
: >> It's a complete joke. Just the fact that you have to enable the
high-res
: >> physics, shows that it's not targeted for us.
:
:
: That actually would show that it's even worse, creating a doubled game
: engine depending on whichever needs you have for the client/server. But
: it's not the case.
:
: I forgot the draft gauge. LMAO

Oh that's right, I forgot about how hardcore realistic NR2003 is with
steering help, anti-lock brakes, traction control, stability control, ideal
line, external driving views :-)

My thought on the draft gauge, of course beyond the fact that you can turn
it off, is that in a real car you can feel a difference in the air around
you as you draft off of another vehicle. I'm not just talking about racing
(I've never it done it), but I have felt it while in a convertible sports
car closely following a semi truck at around 60 mph. I'm also wondering if
it will show up in the telemetry data, since I have noticed at least a .2
difference in lap times at Kansas by drafting or not. My best with a draft
is 30.250, and 30.485 without.

Old January 25th 05, 12:35 AM
JP

"ymenard" > wrote in message
> >"Plowboy2" > wrote
> >I want it known I chose "veteran" without any aids, frustrated for many,
> >many laps, I did turn one lap under 31 seconds at kansas..

> I think everybody has now uninstalled it, and tries shamefully not to

admit
> they thought it was going to be better than NR2003.

Nope, lots of things better already.

Old January 25th 05, 12:36 AM
JP

"ymenard" > wrote in message
> >"CW Webster" <cw.webster@verizondotnet> wrote
> > Frank have u even tried it?

> It's a complete joke. Just the fact that you have to enable the high-res
> physics, shows that it's not targeted for us.
>

> --
> -- François Ménard <ymenard>
> -- This announcement is brought to you by the Shimago-Dominguez
> Corporation - helping America into the New World...

Um, that has nothing to do with the actual driving..........try learning
the facts.

Old January 25th 05, 12:37 AM
JP

"David G Fisher" > wrote in message

> "ymenard" > wrote in message
> > >"CW Webster" <cw.webster@verizondotnet> wrote
> > > Thats for the Telemetry in replays not for driving

> high-res

> > That actually would show that it's even worse, creating a doubled game
> > engine depending on whichever needs you have for the client/server. But
> > it's not the case.
> >
> > I forgot the draft gauge. LMAO

> Or the ideal line. Or shift-r. What serious sim would have those?
>

> --
> David G Fisher

Lol, no kidding.

Old January 26th 05, 06:03 AM
Marc Collins

This blathering about the draft gauge is really annoying me. I haven't seen
it in my car...of course I am driving with cockpit view and original
instruments. Don't tell me these whiners/complainers are using a
non-cockpit view or a HUD??? Give me a break. There should be a thousand
unrealistic things included in every sim--as long as they can all be turned
off for the hard core types.

Marc

Old January 26th 05, 06:38 AM
David G Fisher

The draft gauge can be seen in the cockpit view, but can be turned off. Just
like the ideal line option in N2003. It's a non issue. It doesn't help you
drive faster.

--
David G Fisher

.. .