New Hampshire and New Jersey's back!

Old January 27th 08, 08:01 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Carl ROGÉRS

Default New Hampshire and New Jersey's back!

Hi Viatologists,

Happy Sunday! The new Worldwide Highway Library has a clean, simple-to-use
interface. We want you to see highway photos from around the globe. To
make your experience on the site as seamless as possible, we've taken
measures to get you from *continent* to *region* in a matter of clicks.
While this huge migration is underway, we're proud to announce that
photographs of New Jersey and New Hampshire State Routes have been
re-catalogued:

http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com
Photographs > Americas > United States > State Routes > New Hampshire
Photographs > Americas > United States > State Routes > New Jersey

Interestingly, NH State Routes have a shield diagram that includes a (rough)
outline of the state's boundaries! I took these photographs on an overnight
trip from Boston to Montréal. Enjoy.

As far as today goes, that's mainly our update for you all--there's too much
going on otherwise! So relax, kick back, and don't forget, mañana es lunes.

Hasta luego,

Carl Rogers
"Adding human experience to transportology"
********
Calrog.com, http://www.calrog.com :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
An integrated media arm in Turn-of-the-Century PC Development,
International Transportation Research, and Interpersonal Psychology. Has
served your home country and ninety-nine of its worldwide neighbours
since 2000, through Internet downstream and published works.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/calrog
********

Old January 27th 08, 08:41 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
US 71

I didn't know they were missing.

Old January 27th 08, 08:46 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
H.B. Elkins

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 20:01:01 GMT, Carl Rogers wrote:

>Hi Viatologists,
>
>Happy Sunday! The new Worldwide Highway Library has a clean, simple-to-use
>interface. We want you to see highway photos from around the globe. To
>make your experience on the site as seamless as possible, we've taken
>measures to get you from *continent* to *region* in a matter of clicks.

Carl,

I did visit your Kentucky pages to see which routes you've traveled.
Unfortunately, my experience with the site wasn't seamless. Anytime I would go
to a particular route page my browser window would be resized to the point where
I would have to manually size it larger to see the photo and narrative. Every
time I went back to the index and chose another route to view, the browser
resized again. This got to be rather annoying so I quit after a couple of
highways.

OS: Mac OS X 10.5.1
Browser: Safari 3.0.4

--
To reply by e-mail, remove the "restrictor plate"
Old January 27th 08, 09:03 PM posted to misc.transport.road, rec.autos.driving
Scott Nazelrod

http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com/nh-97.jpg looks so much like
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:N...-hampshire.png ...
Old January 27th 08, 09:20 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
EAST COAST HIVE MIND[_3_]

Carl Rogers wrote:

> Interestingly, NH State Routes have a shield diagram that includes a
> (rough) outline of the state's boundaries!

What? The image on New Hampsire state highway signs is the (late) Old
Man Of The Mountain.

--
Comrade Otto The Duke Of Yamamoto
http://mryamamoto.50megs.com
Old January 27th 08, 09:36 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
US 71

"Scott Nazelrod" > wrote in message
> On Jan 27, 2:41 pm, "US 71" > wrote:
>> I didn't know they were missing.

> http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com/nh-97.jpg looks so much like
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:N...-hampshire.png ...

Not quite.

http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com/nh-97.jpg forwards to

http://www.calrog.com/wikipedia-ban.....com/403.shtml

Must be why he changed his site set-up: to screw anyone using Wikipedia.

Old January 27th 08, 09:58 PM posted to misc.transport.road, rec.autos.driving
Coredesat

On Jan 27, 4:36 pm, "US 71" > wrote:
> "Scott Nazelrod" > wrote in message

> > On Jan 27, 2:41 pm, "US 71" > wrote:
> >> I didn't know they were missing.

> >http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com/nh-97.jpglooks so much like
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:N...-hampshire.png...

> Not quite.
>
> http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com/nh-97.jpgforwards to
>
> http://www.calrog.com/wikipedia-ban.....com/403.shtml
>
> Must be why he changed his site set-up: to screw anyone using Wikipedia.

It's not our (that is, Wikipedia's) fault he acted like a complete
jerk in the Wikipedia mediation process. The links to his own website
he placed in Wikipedia articles violated its policy on external links.
He went to Wikipedia for the sole purpose of promoting his awful
website.

That was a year and a half ago...apparently he doesn't have the brain
capacity to let stuff go.

- Will Weaver
Old January 27th 08, 10:04 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
John A. Weeks III

In article >, "US 71" >
wrote:

> "Scott Nazelrod" > wrote in message
> > On Jan 27, 2:41 pm, "US 71" > wrote:
> >> I didn't know they were missing.

> > http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com/nh-97.jpg looks so much like
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:N...-hampshire.png ...

> Not quite.
>
> http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com/nh-97.jpg forwards to
>
> http://www.calrog.com/wikipedia-ban.....com/403.shtml
>

> Must be why he changed his site set-up: to screw anyone using Wikipedia.

Well, that is a start. Can we request that all of his files be
removed, or that he blocks access from every Internet address?

-john-

John A. Weeks III * * * * * 612-720-2854 * * * * *
Newave Communications * * * * * * * * * * * * http://www.johnweeks.com
Old January 27th 08, 11:39 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
EAST COAST HIVE MIND[_3_]

H.B. Elkins wrote:

> I did visit your Kentucky pages to see which routes you've traveled.
> Unfortunately, my experience with the site wasn't seamless. Anytime I would go
> to a particular route page my browser window would be resized to the point where
> I would have to manually size it larger to see the photo and narrative. Every
> time I went back to the index and chose another route to view, the browser
> resized again. This got to be rather annoying so I quit after a couple of
> highways.
>
> OS: Mac OS X 10.5.1
> Browser: Safari 3.0.4

It's every browser on every operating system. Your experience means that
CalQaeda's websight is working as he intended it to.

Old January 27th 08, 11:49 PM posted to misc.transport.road, rec.autos.driving
Adam Prince[_1_]

On Jan 27, 4:20 pm, EAST COAST HIVE MIND > wrote:
> Carl Rogers wrote:
> > Interestingly, NH State Routes have a shield diagram that includes a
> > (rough) outline of the state's boundaries!

> What? The image on New Hampsire state highway signs is the (late) Old
> Man Of The Mountain.
>
> --
> Comrade Otto The Duke Of Yamamotohttp://mryamamoto.50megs.com
> 'The Quality goes in before the Name goes on'

I was wondering the same thing.

Oh well, there's another arrow in the "Quality, accuracy, and facts"
slogan Carl likes to use. Why not add another to the "quantity of
inaccurate facts". More the merrier right?