2004 mustang power steering

Old December 24th 04, 06:31 PM
c11r28

Default 2004 mustang power steering

I am just wondering if anyone else has had a problem with a whining noise
that sounds like it is coming from the power steering? Took it to ford and
they said all 2004 mustangs whine...do they?

Old December 24th 04, 10:22 PM
Jim Chodrick

Not just the '04's. Most every Ford for the last several years has done
that. It has to do with the pump and although it's annoying it's not
actually a problem so there is really no fix. Sometimes switching to a
different fluid (synthetic) will help but is hardly worth the cost unless
it's due for a change anyways. I would listen to a few different cars and
see how yours compare, if it's substaintially more noisy it may be a problem
but if not it's most likely normal.

m...

Old December 25th 04, 01:12 AM
Gumby

I haven't noticed any whining noise yet.

--
Jim
Dark Shadow Grey '04 GT

m...

Old December 25th 04, 04:17 AM
Henry

I had whining in mine 94 power steering. I put a bottle of additive in, but
I can't remember which one and it stopped the noise and a small leak that I
had.

@charter.net (hlherron)
Old December 25th 04, 04:17 PM
DarkPony

No pump whine here.

Santa didnt bring my light bar ;(

Byron
04 GT Vert 40th
Dark Shadow Grey

m...

Old December 26th 04, 02:40 AM
DarkPony

good to go)!

SIDS victim, cleaned
½ cup cooking oil
Carrots
onions
broccoli
whole cabbage
fresh green beans
potato
turnip
celery
tomato
½ stick butter
1 cup cooked pasta (macaroni, shells, etc.)

Remove as much meat as possible, cube, and brown in hot oil.
Add a little water, season, then add the carcass.
Simmer for half an hour keeping the stock thick.
Remove the carcass and add the vegetables slowly to the stock,
so that it remains boiling the whole time.
Cover the pot and simmer till vegetables are tender
(2 hours approximately).
Continue seasoning to taste.
Before serving, add butter and pasta,
serve piping with hot bread and butter.

Offspring Rolls

Similar to Vietnamese style fried rolls, they have lots of meat
(of course this can consist of chicken, beef, pork, or shrimp).
Who can resist this classic appetizer; or light lunch served with
a fresh salad? Versatility is probably this recipe?s greatest virtue,
as one can use the best part of a prime, rare, yearling, or the
morticians occasional horror: a small miracle stopped short by a
drunk driver, or the innocent victim of a drive-by shooting...

2 cups finely chopped very young human flesh
1 cup shredded cabbage
1 cup bean sprouts
5 sprigs green onion, finely chopped
5 cloves minced garlic
4-6 ounces bamboo shoots
Sherry
chicken broth
oil for deep frying (1 gallon)
Salt
pepper
soy & teriyaki
minced ginger, etc.
1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in a little cold water
1 egg beaten

Make the stuffing:
Marinate the flesh in a mixture of soy and teriyaki sauces
then stir fry in hot oil for till brown - about 1 minute, remove.
Stir-fry the vegetables.
Put the meat back into the wok and adjust the seasoning

Old December 27th 04, 05:32 AM
John Smith

Yes, they whine. But how loud does it whine. If you turn the wheel all
the way and hold it against the lock it will burn the pump up. This is
what causes the pumps to wear out and whine.

Old December 27th 04, 10:28 PM
WraithCobra

Mine whines...
But it's not the pump!

--
Mike
Silver 10th Anniversary Cobra Coupe

Old December 27th 04, 11:27 PM

Showoff!!!

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake

Old January 1st 05, 10:21 PM
Brian from Home

2004 GT Convertible - first titled in Seattle back in Aug 03.
Zero noise from steering system. They don't all do it.
I've got about 12k miles on it now.
The only problem I've had is that the clock spring in steering hub (part of
airbag system) broke - it was improperly installed (misaligned) at factory
and was replaced under warranty.
So far the car is trouble free and a true joy.
Also, it's got 4spd OD Automatic and I get about 21-23 on highway cruise
55-80 and 19 overall when I throw in 50% in-city commuting. SO glad didn't
waste the money on the V6 to "save gas" - it really doesn't over time save
that much.
Brian in Seattle.
m...

Power steering?... Gershund Honda 2 November 28th 04 05:12 AM
1992 80 2.0i power steering pump Bob Green Audi 0 September 14th 04 11:26 AM
Alternator replacement (have power steering)?? chuck Saturn 1 August 20th 04 01:21 AM
Power Steering Hoses Simon Audi 2 July 20th 04 07:58 PM