1988 Acura Legend - 2.7

Old April 12th 05, 09:32 PM
Le Roy Galloway via CarKB.com

Default 1988 Acura Legend - 2.7

Acura will not Start at times after stop & go driving. After waiting for
25 to 40 minutes after engine cools, car starts without a problem. Problem
started before replacing starter and it has occurred after replacing
started. Tried to duplicate situation by allowing car to run for several
hours straight, also, drove around to allow engine to get hot and still
cannot duplicate situation. Even though the problem has occurred after
first rebuilt starter installed by Acura, they will not replace the rebuilt
starter unless situation can be duplicated. Believe me, I have tried as
recently as April 11, 2005 to duplicate the problem. No luck, car starts
fine. I fear that I will be away driving and this problem will occur again.

Has anyone experience aproblem such as this on a 1988 acura Legend 2.7 with
96500 miles?
Old April 13th 05, 05:34 PM
Chopface

Older Honda's from that generation have an infamous problem with the
main relay. It is responsible for activating the fuel pump when you
start the car I believe. You can take it apart and repair the cracked
solder joint or get a new one. Here's a link:

http://tegger.com/hondafaq/faq.html#stalling