Auto door lock stopped working

Old January 1st 05, 04:47 PM
Siggy

Default Auto door lock stopped working

I have a 1998 Voyager with electric door locks. This car has a safety
feature that causes all doors to lock automatically when the speed goes
above 7 mph. This feature has stopped working for some reason. The
electric locks still work fine when manually activated.

Is there a computer setting that activates/deactivates this feature that I
might have accidentally changed while punching buttons on the AC console?
Any ideas on how to go about correcting this? Thanks.

Robert

Old January 1st 05, 06:51 PM
Garner Miller

In article >, Siggy
> wrote:

> I have a 1998 Voyager with electric door locks. This car has a safety
> feature that causes all doors to lock automatically when the speed goes
> above 7 mph. This feature has stopped working for some reason.
>
> Any ideas on how to go about correcting this? Thanks.

I did a brief search and couldn't find anything specific to the
Voyager, but I found this on the Intrepid, and it may work in your
case; it's worth a try, in any case:

===
In the 2000 you get in the car and have all the doors unlocked. Put
the key in the ignition and turn the car to the on position then back
to the off position 4 times. Then depress the lock button on the
drivers side. You should hear a chime indicating that the command was
accepted.
===

Does that help?

--
Garner R. Miller
Clifton Park, NY =USA=
Old January 1st 05, 06:51 PM
Garner Miller

In article >, Siggy

Old January 2nd 05, 12:59 AM
Siggy

Garner,

Thanks for the tip - it worked like a champ. It would sure be nice if these
things were documented somewhere in official documentation that owners could
get hold of. This is the third time odd things like this have happened to
me and this vehicle where the solution was some odd combination of console
settings, button presses, etc. Thanks again.

Robert

Old January 2nd 05, 12:59 AM
Siggy

Old January 2nd 05, 04:28 AM
Garner Miller

In article > , Siggy
> wrote:

> Thanks for the tip - it worked like a champ. It would sure be nice if these
> things were documented somewhere in official documentation that owners could
> get hold of. This is the third time odd things like this have happened to
> me and this vehicle where the solution was some odd combination of console
> settings, button presses, etc. Thanks again.

Glad it worked. I know SOME of those things are documented in my PT
Cruiser's manual -- things like disabling the horn chirp when the doors
lock and the alarm arms. I don't have it handy right now to see if
they've finally put the auto door lock thing in the book, too. Thank
goodness for the internet. :-)

Glad you're back in business.

--
Garner R. Miller
Clifton Park, NY =USA=
Old January 2nd 05, 04:28 AM
Garner Miller

In article > , Siggy

Old January 5th 05, 08:15 PM
RPhillips47

"Siggy" wrote:

>Garner,
>
>Thanks for the tip - it worked like a champ. It would sure be nice if these
>things were documented somewhere in official documentation that owners could
>get hold of. This is the third time odd things like this have happened to
>me and this vehicle where the solution was some odd combination of console
>settings, button presses, etc. Thanks again.
>
>Robert

Chrysler must haved saved expenses on printing by deleting that information
from the owners manual in 1998 - or maybe they only included it in Town &
Country owners manuals. I have a '96 T&C LXi and the procedure is explained
(along with diagram) on pages 16 & 17 under "Power Door Locks" in the section
"Things to Know Before Starting Your Vehicle". Maybe they felt it was no longer
necessary to document it "somewhere in official documentation that owners could
get hold of" since they had already done that when the new design was
introduced in 1996!!!!!

Old January 5th 05, 08:15 PM
RPhillips47

Old January 9th 05, 02:34 AM
shacky

I have a 96 Dodge Caravan and those auto locks drive me nuts. Is there
a similar way to turn them off?