Another waste of a couple of busses...

Old February 27th 05, 07:13 AM
Eric Oster

Default Another waste of a couple of busses...

Some things just make me shake my head and go "Hmm"/

1955 DD walkthru panel. (Probably a panel, at least. Was difficult to tell.
More below.)
1963 deluxe of some kind, at least it had a lot of deluxe parts on it, but
wasn't 15 window or anything interesting.

The Story:

199X sometime: they park this out in the back of the property, someone falls
a tree that hits the bus lengthways down the middle. Squish!

'Hey, we can still store our old Jeep parts in there! Great! Let's remove
this crappy full length middle seat, and rear seat and set them outside!
Heck, let's do the same thing to this rear engine apron, with the funny hole
in the middle of it.'

2005: "You know, I have a couple busses on my property, come grab parts off
them."

Other bus was a 1963 deluxe of some kind-kind of wierd, had a deluxe
interior, no trim on the outside, 6 popouts, seemed like a "deluxe kombi"
sort of affair.

Good parts: Bumpers off the '63 seem ok, haven't cleaned them up yet. Middle
seat from the '63 is salvageable to good.

Almost nothing off the '55 is good, though. I am trying to save the
driver's side panel doors, but it's looking pretty hopeless at this point.
At least the narrow style deluxe chrome handles seem to be OK.

I was able to physically tear most of the '55 bus apart with my bare hands
it was so far gone. I *may* be able to salvage a good rust free rear corner
from it, needs a lot of straightening, though.

--
Eric Oster
"I'm not only the President, I'm also the gopher, janitor, and lube tech!"