What happened

Old January 8th 07, 05:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Jim Mc Donald

Default What happened

Did this group disband??

--
Long life, good health and friendship.

Jim Mc Donald
Old January 8th 07, 05:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
[email protected]

Jim Mc Donald wrote:
> Did this group disband??
>
> --
> Long life, good health and friendship.

People get busy over the holidays. Now they're playing with their new
game console. ;-))
-Paul

Old January 8th 07, 11:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Jim[_21_]

Jim Mc Donald wrote:
> Did this group disband??
>
> --
> Long life, good health and friendship.
>
> Jim Mc Donald

and resubscribe to fix things.

Jim
Old January 9th 07, 01:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Big Shoe

For some time, I have thought that the reduced activity in this group
is due to the later models having fewer problems to talk about. So
far, this has been true of my 05 model. When my '92 and my '99 were
new, this group was full of discussion about problems we all were
having with them. This does not seem to be the case now as most of
the problems we talk about are things like the radio display, IAC
valve, etc. on the older models. Jim Warman, you see this from the
service technician point of view, do you agree?

Old January 10th 07, 01:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
[email protected]

Big Shoe wrote:
> For some time, I have thought that the reduced activity in this group
> is due to the later models having fewer problems to talk about.

Traffic is declining in most all of Usenet. It's going the way of
BBS's.
-Paul

Old January 10th 07, 04:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Hairy

"Jim Mc Donald" > wrote in message
Did this group disband??

Yes.....We are no longer here.

Jim Mc Donald

Old January 13th 07, 01:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Jim Warman

That's a tough call for me to make, 'Shoe.... I'm not seeing that many
current Explorers in the shop in this last while but I think some of our
Explorer crowd has gone bigger (Expedition - SuperCrew) or sideways
(Freestyle). I can say that there doesnt appear to be much in the way of
"pattern" failures.

But even when I had my old '92 all I ever had to do was the lower intake
gasket. The transfer case shifter nearly let me down once but I got into the
habit of "exercising" it once a month.

Aside from some teething probems on most early production vehicles, todays
vehicles seem to be more reliable, more responsive and better quality all
around.