Keyless Entry

Old January 8th 07, 01:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
oklaman

Default Keyless Entry

totally agree...
"Jim Warman" > wrote in message
To be honest, if your car has daytime running lights, I would leave them
be.... I cannot recall how many times that the sight of oncoming DRLs has
kept me from passing, even in bright daylight, when it wasn't safe to do so.
Disable them? Not on a bet....

DRLs work!!! Without a word of a lie, these are about as simple a safety
device as you'll ever have (hell, you don't even have to buckle them). FWIW,
DRLs are mandatory on all vehicles registered in Canada since about MY 1992.

Old January 8th 07, 07:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
[email protected]

Jim Warman wrote:
> To be honest, if your car has daytime running lights, I would leave them
> be.... I cannot recall how many times that the sight of oncoming DRLs has
> kept me from passing, even in bright daylight, when it wasn't safe to do so.
> Disable them? Not on a bet....

I meant that if the auto headlight feature is only turning on the
running lights and not the headlights and tail lights. That would be
dangerous. I'm a firm believer in safety too.
Been wearing my seatbelt religiously since the 70's.
-Paul

Old January 8th 07, 09:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Greg Berchin

On Sun, 7 Jan 2007 15:24:01 -0600, "oklaman" > wrote:

>You might be mistaken. When the auto headlights come on, the taillights
>also illuminate, which they should.

Hmmmm. Well, then, if that's the case, then it appears that that
particular feature simply doesn't work on my Explorer. All this time I
just assumed that it was not one of Ford's "better ideas", and I shut it
off.

Greg
Old January 9th 07, 02:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
oklaman

Greg-to make sure I haven't been driving around for 7 years with no
taillights, I double checked. The taillights come on when the auto
headlights come on. It wouldn't make sense otherwise.

Keep in mind that we are not talking driving lights (which I don't have),
but regular headlights.

Old January 9th 07, 08:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Greg Berchin

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 20:02:42 -0600, "oklaman" > wrote:

>Greg-to make sure I haven't been driving around for 7 years with no
>taillights, I double checked. The taillights come on when the auto
>headlights come on. It wouldn't make sense otherwise.

I agree. But mine doesn't work that way. I just assumed that it was
designed that way, since the tail lights come on when I use the manual
switch. Now it appears that something isn't working right on mine.

Greg
Old January 10th 07, 04:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Al Williams

If your autolamp is like my 1998 you should have a slider on your rear view
mirror (automatic dim with compass) that says autolamp that controls the
headlight delay time when you turn off the car. The actual headlight switch
has no indication.

--
Allan Williams

oups.com...

Keyless Entry Installation Yi Honda 0 August 8th 06 05:45 AM
Will A 2003 OEM keyless entry system fit in a 2004 caravan? Erick Ondich Dodge 1 April 27th 06 07:43 PM
Keyless entry ChrisC Ford Explorer 6 November 30th 05 12:03 AM
program keyless entry for Honda Odyssey 8 Honda 7 November 11th 05 04:45 AM