CB Antenna???

Old June 15th 05, 12:50 PM
FrankW

Hi Bill
Probably the best way to go but I just couldn't bear to
tear into the body panel with that ball mount.
Around here, in the salt belt it would probably
be a mess in short order.

Old June 15th 05, 12:58 PM
FrankW

Thanks Billy
I happen to have 2 swr meters. I also have a Tectronics
spectrum analyser with tracking generator. I wish I had
a return loss bridge to go with it. :-)

It's too bad the Jeep Clubs couldn't change over to GMRS/FRS
rather than chicken band as that was a huge mistake on the
FCC's part in assigning those freq's to local mobile radio
service. CB is great for working skip yet it's illegal to do so.
Go figure eh :-)

Old June 15th 05, 01:01 PM
FrankW

Hi Jerry
Yup your right a whip aerial would be ideal
But the local Jeep Club don't like them.

Old June 15th 05, 08:55 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

A hundred and two inch:
http://www.signalengineering.com/ult..._antennas.html
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old June 20th 05, 06:35 AM
Endo

Damn straight.
http://unwired.1st.net/jeep/ballmount1.jpg
http://unwired.1st.net/jeep/ballmount2.jpg
It's a Motorola stainless ball mount, spring, and coax combo meant for low
band radios. I have an 8' Francis fiberglass whip on it. Internally the
antenna has 3 wires spiral wrapped the whole way up. SWR is flat over a
large portion of the band with that thing on there...

Shawn

"L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III" > wrote:
> Of course Real Jeepers, mount the antenna correctly, like it's
> going to be there awhile, like on an Highway Patrol car:
> http://www.billhughes.com/barbJeep.jpg
> God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
>

> FrankW wrote:
>>
>> Hello Group
>> I'm looking for some opinions on
>> CB antennas.
>> Which are the best (your opinion :-) ) for a jeep?
>> Best way for mounting?......etc
>>
>> Looking around I found a decent way for mounting
>> an antenna from Tera-Flex.
>> http://www.off-road.com/jeep/tech/tjcbinstall/
>>
>> Unfortunately they don't have one that fits a 04-05TJ yet.
>> I may wait though, as this seems ideal, But how best to route the
>> coax elegantly into the body?????? Which stick to put on that
>> bracket????.
>>
>> Any pointers to this and other methods are most welcome.
>> Thanks in advance
>> Cheers
>> Frank

Disabling the power antenna R. P. Honda 9 April 13th 05 04:58 AM
Power antenna malfunction R. P. Honda 13 April 9th 05 05:25 AM
Power Antenna George Honda 0 January 28th 05 09:40 AM
Power Antenna Connector Wiring Barry S. Honda 1 December 8th 04 05:05 PM
Installing a power antenna Dave Smith Mazda 6 November 30th 04 01:36 AM