Speedometer Gear

Old March 10th 05, 06:16 PM
Barry

Default Speedometer Gear

After adding 4.88 gears and 35" tires to a 78 CJ-7, the speedometer is
way out of whack. I can find tons of places on the net telling me to
change out the speedometer gear, but I have not been able to find a
place to buy the actual gear. Does anyone know a place that sells
replacement spedometer gears for Dana 20 transfer cases? Any help
would be appreciated.

Barry,
http://nationalbeer.com

Old March 10th 05, 07:04 PM
JimG

I got one for a CJ Dana 300 and a TJ at the local Jeep dealer... about $23
each.

--
JimG
80' CJ-7 258 CID, HEI

00' TJ Sport 4.0L, 5sp
4.56 Gears, TrueTrac rear
33" BFG AT on 15x8 Eagle Alloys
D35 Rear, D30 Front. 3" Suspension Lift

Old March 10th 05, 08:47 PM
Greg

Same here, 81 CJ7.

Old March 10th 05, 09:32 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Hi Barry,
I would be pleasantly surprised if your Stealership stocks the Dana
gear, but it should be the same as the 300. In my trucking days, I had
to go many times to a speedometer shop, there should be one listed in
your yellow pages, like: http://www.sdspeedo.com/ The stuff's not listed
at the site, but I can tell any shop will have everything like inline
reduction gears, as we must pass inspection, and are held to a higher
standard than just your car's accuracy. Or were before the bleeding
heart liberal, open the boarder to Mexican drivers. I hope we won't have
to go through many more fatals, before they are squared away.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old March 10th 05, 10:43 PM
JimG

Right... not in stock. They ordered them... took a couple days to come in.

JimG

Old March 15th 05, 07:34 PM
Barry

Thanks for the Info, I'll call the dealer

removing gear box Sven Agardh VW water cooled 1 January 17th 05 11:48 AM
Buzzing at startup/ring gear SmarSquid Honda 1 January 16th 05 02:46 AM
auto trans won't downshift to 1st gear on 2000 Explorer V6 SOHC KI0FT Ford Explorer 3 December 23rd 04 01:02 AM
Speedo gear problem Jeff Scherb Jeep 2 December 19th 04 11:57 AM
No reverse gear on 2000 Saturn SL2 A/T 2000SaturnSL2 Saturn 6 October 6th 04 06:18 PM