tire report, Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo

Old August 5th 05, 12:19 AM
DougW

Default tire report, Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo

P225/75SR15

Well... despite lots of sites praising the grippyness of
these tires I can say for absolute certain: If your after
a performance (mostly on road tire), these are not what you
want.

The sidewalls flex way to much (which is good for wrapping
around rocks and overall comfyness) but sucks much for
lateral stability. Especially diagonal railroad tracks where
the Jeep now acts like a motorcycle. (side to side pitching
for those of you that haven't experienced the _thrill_)

Perhaps they will age, I seem to remember thinking the
same about my last set of Mich LTX M/S tires.

The tread pattern is good and clears mud well. But possibly
too much void to rubber and that is why they aren't as grippy
in the corner.

Oh well, time to slow my butt down before I go rubber up
on a turn.

--
DougW

Old August 7th 05, 02:06 PM
Paw

Hey Doug,

Thanks for the write-up. Maybe I'll email you in a few months to see if
they've improved for you at all.. These were what I was going to purchase
for the 97ZJ based on all the great reviews online...

Paul

Old August 7th 05, 04:12 PM
Billy Ray

Take a look at the Kumho HT and AT. I have the ATs and am very pleased.

Old August 7th 05, 10:06 PM
DougW

Billy Ray did pass the time by typing:
> Take a look at the Kumho HT and AT. I have the ATs and am very pleased.

Almost got the Kumho AT.

> "Paw" wrote ...
>> Hey Doug,
>>
>> Thanks for the write-up. Maybe I'll email you in a few months to see if
>> they've improved for you at all.. These were what I was going to purchase
>> for the 97ZJ based on all the great reviews online...

That's what I did. Based my decision on the comments at various places including
tirerack. It did me well for the Mich LTX M/S tires.

Hopefully gonna get a chance in Sep to try these out at Colorado Springs on some
of that loose mountain "stuff" or at least on the roads out through Raton.

--
DougW

Old August 13th 05, 03:56 PM
Paw