$5 a gallon for gas? Get ready, experts say

Old March 23rd 11, 09:49 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Default $5 a gallon for gas? Get ready, experts say

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=305001

I can believe it.
cuhulin

Old March 23rd 11, 10:20 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

> wrote in message
> http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=305001
>
> I can believe it.
> cuhulin

Get ready means "bend over".

Old March 23rd 11, 11:31 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Tegger[_3_]

"hls" > wrote in
:

> > wrote in message
>> http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=305001
>>
>> I can believe it.
>> cuhulin

> Get ready means "bend over".

It's Bernanke that's doing it. He's the 21st century's Arthur Burns.

Oil is exactly the same price it's been since about 1950. No kidding.

--
Tegger
Old March 23rd 11, 11:50 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
jim

Tegger wrote:

> "hls" > wrote in
> :
>

> > > wrote in message
> >> http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=305001
> >>
> >> I can believe it.
> >> cuhulin

> > Get ready means "bend over".
> >

> It's Bernanke that's doing it. He's the 21st century's Arthur Burns.
>
> Oil is exactly the same price it's been since about 1950. No kidding.

The price of crude oil in the 50's was around $3/bbl
Old March 24th 11, 12:33 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Gold in the 1950s, was about $35.00 an ounce, wasen't it? I should have
started buying Gold wayyyyyy back then.
cuhulin

Old March 24th 11, 02:08 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

"jim" > wrote in message
.. .
> Tegger wrote:
>>
>> "hls" > wrote in
>> :

>> > Get ready means "bend over".
>> >

>> It's Bernanke that's doing it. He's the 21st century's Arthur Burns.
>>
>> Oil is exactly the same price it's been since about 1950. No kidding.
>>

> The price of crude oil in the 50's was around $3/bbl

When I started working in the oil industry in the 60's, oil was $5-6 per
barrel. So, what is a dollar???

Old March 24th 11, 02:14 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Tegger[_3_]

"hls" > wrote in
:

> "jim" > wrote in message
> .. .
>> Tegger wrote:
>>>
>>> "hls" > wrote in
>>> :

>>> It's Bernanke that's doing it. He's the 21st century's Arthur Burns.
>>>
>>> Oil is exactly the same price it's been since about 1950. No kidding.
>>>

>> The price of crude oil in the 50's was around $3/bbl

> When I started working in the oil industry in the 60's, oil was $5-6 per
> barrel. So, what is a dollar???

A lot smaller than it used to be, thanks to the likes of Bernanke.

An ounce of gold bought 12 barrels of oil in the '60s. An ounce of gold
STILL buys a 12 barrels of oil today. You did't know that, did you?

ALL the "inflation" you see has been in that phony government-money called
the "dollar", which as lost over 90% of its value since 1971.

--
Tegger
Old March 24th 11, 04:31 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
AMuzi

hls wrote:

> "jim" > wrote in message
> .. .
>> Tegger wrote:
>>>
>>> "hls" > wrote in
>>> :

>>> It's Bernanke that's doing it. He's the 21st century's Arthur Burns.
>>>
>>> Oil is exactly the same price it's been since about 1950. No kidding.
>>>

>> The price of crude oil in the 50's was around $3/bbl

> When I started working in the oil industry in the 60's, oil was $5-6 per
> barrel. So, what is a dollar???

"So, what is a dollar???"

It's the Argentine Peso (or Argentine Austral? or Argentine
New Peso?) of the 21st century. The cheap version of a
Confederate Dollar or Weimar Reichmark. It also doesn't buy
much and that value will decline greatly very soon.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>
Old March 24th 11, 01:31 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Pete C.

wrote:

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=305001

> I can believe it.
> cuhulin

It's called "inflation". The price of everything will always go up since
currency is designed to loose value over time. The ultimate result is
that nothing really changes, the cost of goods go up, peoples pay goes
up and in the end you have to work the same number of hours to be able
to buy the same stuff.
Old March 24th 11, 02:00 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Back during the German Weimar Republic/World War Two era, somewhere
around that time frame era, it took a wheelbarrow full of German
Marks/Money just to buy a loaf of bread.

I once drove a bread truck for a bakery.In some of those stores I used a
magic marker to mark on the ends of the bags, 2/39. (two 1 1/4 pound
loaves of sliced sandwich bread for 39 cents) Of course those stores
were getting a kick back from the bakery.

Don't Say Bread, Say Sunbeam?
cuhulin

Gas price up a $1 a gallon [email protected] Technology 72 April 5th 10 09:18 PM
Experts say gas could fall to $2 by Turkey Day Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_] Driving 13 September 5th 06 02:17 PM
Get Ready To Pay Four Bucks A Gallon [email protected] Ford Mustang 38 September 4th 05 03:06 AM
$3.00 for a gallon of gas? Phil 4x4 10 November 2nd 04 11:15 PM
Gas miles per gallon Michael VW water cooled 19 October 13th 04 03:56 AM