Startron.

Old March 23rd 11, 03:12 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Default Startron.

A local radio talk show host said Startron really works.
Have you ever used it?
http://www.devilfinder.com/find.php?q=Startron
cuhulin

Old March 23rd 11, 04:05 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

> wrote in message
>A local radio talk show host said Startron really works.
> Have you ever used it?
> http://www.devilfinder.com/find.php?q=Startron
> cuhulin

I'll bet you a Budweiser it wont hold up to strict evaluation.

MSDS says it is ca 99.5+ % naphtha and less than 0.5% organic
"kryptonite".

Old March 23rd 11, 04:14 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

I wonder if it will get my lawnmower going? I suppose auto parts stores
sell it.Next time I am out and about I will buy a thingy of it.
cuhulin

Old March 23rd 11, 04:57 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

> wrote in message
>I wonder if it will get my lawnmower going? I suppose auto parts stores
> sell it.Next time I am out and about I will buy a thingy of it.
> cuhulin

Would be good to hear your personal experience.

Old March 23rd 11, 06:31 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

hls > wrote:
> wrote in message
>>A local radio talk show host said Startron really works.
>> Have you ever used it?
>> http://www.devilfinder.com/find.php?q=Startron
>> cuhulin

>I'll bet you a Budweiser it wont hold up to strict evaluation.

Well, the thing is.... what is it supposed to actually do? The advertising
doesn't really claim it will do anything specific. It helps with "ethanol
problems" whatever those might be.

>MSDS says it is ca 99.5+ % naphtha and less than 0.5% organic
>"kryptonite".

The Lucas stuff is about 40% naptha and 60% soap, and it seems to do
a decent job of cleaning junk out of the fuel lines and carb. But then
again, it's promoted as a cleaning product. The Startron isn't really
promoted as doing anything other than having vague benefits.
--scott
Old March 23rd 11, 08:13 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
m6onz5a

On Mar 23, 2:31*pm, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
> hls > wrote:
> > wrote in message
> >>A local radio talk show host said Startron really works.
> >> Have you ever used it?
> >>http://www.devilfinder.com/find.php?q=Startron
> >> cuhulin

> >I'll bet you a Budweiser it wont hold up to strict evaluation.

> Well, the thing is.... what is it supposed to actually do? *The advertising
> doesn't really claim it will do anything specific. *It helps with "ethanol
> problems" whatever those might be.
>
> >MSDS says it is ca 99.5+ % naphtha and less than 0.5% organic
> >"kryptonite".

> The Lucas stuff is about 40% naptha and 60% soap, and it seems to do
> a decent job of cleaning junk out of the fuel lines and carb. *But then
> again, it's promoted as a cleaning product. *The Startron isn't really
> promoted as doing anything other than having vague benefits.
> --scott

it doesn't sound any different than the other crap that is out there.
Old March 23rd 11, 09:52 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

"m6onz5a" > wrote in message
On Mar 23, 2:31 pm, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
> hls > wrote:
> > wrote in message
> >>A local radio talk show host said Startron really works.
> >> Have you ever used it?
> >>http://www.devilfinder.com/find.php?q=Startron
> >> cuhulin

> >I'll bet you a Budweiser it wont hold up to strict evaluation.

> Well, the thing is.... what is it supposed to actually do? The advertising
> doesn't really claim it will do anything specific. It helps with "ethanol
> problems" whatever those might be.
>
> >MSDS says it is ca 99.5+ % naphtha and less than 0.5% organic
> >"kryptonite".

> The Lucas stuff is about 40% naptha and 60% soap, and it seems to do
> a decent job of cleaning junk out of the fuel lines and carb. But then
> again, it's promoted as a cleaning product. The Startron isn't really
> promoted as doing anything other than having vague benefits.
> --scott

it doesn't sound any different than the other crap that is out there.

********
Some of these products actually do contain active ingredients that give
some benefits, but I dont think this is one of them.

For example, some of the better fuel treatment compounds contain
complex amines, similar to or the same as Techron, which give some
water dispersal, cleaning of surfaces, and maybe even a trace of
corrosion protection.

But beware when people start BSing about enzymes and other things
that are not easy to verify. Dont get me wrong, enzymes have some
very interesting applications, but I dont think that this is one of them.
All of them I have ever been around are water soluble, not naptha
soluble. They normally work in water surroundings, not oil. They
CAN sometimes be packaged in oil based solutions in the form of
a dispersion or emulsion.

Someone once said "I used most of my money on whiskey and women.
I wasted the rest of it" This type product is, IMO, most likely money
wasted.

Old March 24th 11, 02:11 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 10:12:05 -0500, cuhulin wrote:

> A local radio talk show host said Startron really works. Have you ever
> used it?
> http://www.devilfinder.com/find.php?q=Startron cuhulin

I dunno....sounds like

http://images.devilfinder.com/go.php?q=snake+oil

Old March 24th 11, 02:15 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 16:52:37 -0500, hls wrote:

> "m6onz5a" > wrote in message
> On Mar 23, 2:31 pm, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
>> hls > wrote:

>> >I'll bet you a Budweiser it wont hold up to strict evaluation.

>> Well, the thing is.... what is it supposed to actually do? The
>> advertising doesn't really claim it will do anything specific. It helps
>> with "ethanol problems" whatever those might be.
>>
>> >MSDS says it is ca 99.5+ % naphtha and less than 0.5% organic
>> >"kryptonite".

>> The Lucas stuff is about 40% naptha and 60% soap, and it seems to do a
>> decent job of cleaning junk out of the fuel lines and carb. But then
>> again, it's promoted as a cleaning product. The Startron isn't really
>> promoted as doing anything other than having vague benefits. --scott
>> --
>> "C'est un Nagra. C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."

> it doesn't sound any different than the other crap that is out there.
>

> ********
> Some of these products actually do contain active ingredients that give
> some benefits, but I dont think this is one of them.
>
> For example, some of the better fuel treatment compounds contain complex
> amines, similar to or the same as Techron, which give some water
> dispersal, cleaning of surfaces, and maybe even a trace of corrosion
> protection.
>
> But beware when people start BSing about enzymes and other things that are
> not easy to verify. Dont get me wrong, enzymes have some very interesting
> applications, but I dont think that this is one of them. All of them I
> have ever been around are water soluble, not naptha soluble. They
> normally work in water surroundings, not oil. They CAN sometimes be
> packaged in oil based solutions in the form of a dispersion or emulsion.
>
> Someone once said "I used most of my money on whiskey and women. I wasted
> the rest of it" This type product is, IMO, most likely money wasted.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars, the rest of it I
squandered. George Best, probably the best 'football' player next to Pele.

Old March 24th 11, 03:11 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

That radio talk show I listen to Mondays through Fridays, it is mostly
about politics.Once or twice each week, they have an hour or two of auto
talking.People call in about their car or truck or small engines
equipment.The radio talk show host guy said Star Tron really works, he
might have tried it out himself.

It might be later on this week or next week when I go shopping.I think I
read that Walmart sells Star Tron, Walmart is where I go food shopping
anyway.I will look for Star Tron at Walmart.If Walmart doesn't have it,
I will check a few auto parts stores.My van's gas gage shows about 1/4
of a tank.I will gas up my van and pour a small bottle of Star Tron in
the tank, except for a little bit I will save for my lawn mower. I don't
think it will hurt anything to try it out.
cuhulin