Goin uptown Southbound

Old June 8th 06, 02:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default Goin uptown Southbound

Just thought I'd post this for anyone who knows me and who cares, <jk>. Our
family down in S. FL has decided that after 3 major hurricanes we have had
enough, financial losses, cold showers in the dark for weeks, and the yummy
mre's. We have all moved (3 households and more to come) to a very nice
small town called Hartsville in SC. (Ok, they got remnants of Hugo awhile
back but at least Dr. Gray hasn't put this area in the red alert yet as is
S. FL and the Gulf coast). I transferred to Saturn of Florence, a nice 20
min peaceful drive thru the country to work. Nice town nice people. If
anyone here is in the area, Florence is the center between NY and Miami,
right off I-95. Darlinton Speedway is here, cool. Stop by and say hey; wish
me luck. It's different in the deep South.

--
marx404

Old June 10th 06, 02:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Hey, if you were heading north, you should have kept on going. Here in the
Boston area
we don't even begin to know what a hurricane is. (well, recently anyway)

And our four seasons are Winter, Winter, Winter and July 4.

-David

"marx404" > wrote in message
> Just thought I'd post this for anyone who knows me and who cares, <jk>.

Our
> family down in S. FL has decided that after 3 major hurricanes we have had
> enough, financial losses, cold showers in the dark for weeks, and the

yummy
> mre's. We have all moved (3 households and more to come) to a very nice
> small town called Hartsville in SC. (Ok, they got remnants of Hugo awhile

<snip>

Old June 12th 06, 12:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

On Wed, 7 Jun 2006 21:38:19 -0400, marx404 wrote:

> Just thought I'd post this for anyone who knows me and who cares, <jk>. Our
> family down in S. FL has decided that after 3 major hurricanes we have had
> enough, financial losses, cold showers in the dark for weeks, and the yummy
> mre's.

Well, good luck to you. I've always thought if people are going to live in
hurricane areas they can't build houses the way they do further north.
Houses would need to be concrete or partly underground. But I guess the
reason why so many live there is because the cost is less, at least between
hurricanes.
Old June 13th 06, 12:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Gee thanx David, now Alberto is following me, lol. (ug - can't win)

marx404