Jag XK8 / XKR

Old March 6th 05, 05:49 AM
« Paul »

Default Jag XK8 / XKR

Jag XK8 / XKR
I've been looking at used cars again.
I can get a 00 to 02 XK8 or XKR for ~$25k with 35k miles.
All my cars have lasted 10 years or 225k miles before trade in.
Any thoughts on the Jag?
Future parts availability?
Reliability?

Or would I be better off with an 03/04 Infinity G-35 sport coupe
for the same milage and money?
Paul.
Old March 6th 05, 08:00 PM
Huw

"« Paul »" > wrote in message
> Jag XK8 / XKR
> I've been looking at used cars again.
> I can get a 00 to 02 XK8 or XKR for ~$25k with 35k miles.
> All my cars have lasted 10 years or 225k miles before trade in.
> Any thoughts on the Jag?
> Future parts availability?
> Reliability?
>
> Or would I be better off with an 03/04 Infinity G-35 sport coupe
> for the same milage and money?
> Paul.

The Jaguar is a beautifully built machine. A real quality drive. The major
components apart from the engine come from suppliers such as ZF and
Mercedes. The ventilation comes from a major Japanese supplier. Just about
the only part to be actually made by Jaguar [as opposed to just being
assembled by them] is the superb wood panelling, though even this was not
actually grown at the factory.
Enjoy an unique Grand Touring experience.

Huw