inner scraper

Old December 14th 04, 11:57 PM
Ben Boyle

Default inner scraper

I've run into a problem where occasionally my driver's side window in my '74 Beetle catches the inner scraper and breaks
the clips. This never happens to the passenger side. It's like there just isn't enough room for the window and the
scrapers to all get along. Is this some kind of play in my window regulator making the window shift just enough for this
to happen or what? I'd appreciate suggestions.

Old December 15th 04, 04:10 AM
Ethan H

I would suggest that you take your **** bomb to the closest authorized and
trust worthy mechanic
Ethan H

Old December 15th 04, 04:49 AM
Ben Boyle

I suggest you quit being a troll.

Old December 15th 04, 02:28 PM
Howard Rose

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 17:57:03 -0500, "Ben Boyle" >
wrote:

>I've run into a problem where occasionally my driver's side window in my '74 Beetle catches the inner scraper and breaks
>the clips. This never happens to the passenger side. It's like there just isn't enough room for the window and the
>scrapers to all get along. Is this some kind of play in my window regulator making the window shift just enough for this
>to happen or what? I'd appreciate suggestions.

Bend out the clips before you install them. I found that even the
high-quality scrapers only come with half the amount of clips needed,
and of weak metal. I reused the originals...

--
Howard Rose
1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe
Old December 15th 04, 02:33 PM
Ben Boyle

What do you mean bend out the clips?

Old December 15th 04, 02:36 PM
Howard Rose

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 08:33:59 -0500, "Ben Boyle" >
wrote:

>What do you mean bend out the clips?

Are they kind of a _/\_ shape? If so, bend out the parts that clip in
to the square holes in the bodywork - they need a tight fit.

Or maybe '66 ones are different... Like I said, I ended up reusing my
original clips since the ones that came with my scrapers were useless.