A6 - Window regulator scratching glass

Old September 14th 04, 02:55 PM
John Prendergast

Default A6 - Window regulator scratching glass

The car is a 1996 model year A6. There is a vertical scratch going
about halfway up the outside of the driver's side front window, which
is presumably caused by either the electric regulator or something
else deep down in the recesses of the door. Are there any quick fixes
to stop this getting worse or is dismantling the door the only
solution?

Old September 14th 04, 06:51 PM
Chris Bartram

John Prendergast wrote:

> The car is a 1996 model year A6. There is a vertical scratch going
> about halfway up the outside of the driver's side front window, which
> is presumably caused by either the electric regulator or something
> else deep down in the recesses of the door. Are there any quick fixes
> to stop this getting worse or is dismantling the door the only
> solution?

The only quick fix is don't wind the window down ;-).

Seriously, you could check the rubber strips on the door edge in case
there's anything stuck there.
Old September 23rd 04, 09:07 AM

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 17:51:46 GMT, Chris Bartram
> wrote:

>John Prendergast wrote:
>
>> The car is a 1996 model year A6. There is a vertical scratch going
>> about halfway up the outside of the driver's side front window, which
>> is presumably caused by either the electric regulator or something
>> else deep down in the recesses of the door. Are there any quick fixes
>> to stop this getting worse or is dismantling the door the only
>> solution?
>>

>The only quick fix is don't wind the window down ;-).
>
>Seriously, you could check the rubber strips on the door edge in case
>there's anything stuck there.

The windows on the A6 seem to be real troublespots. My advice is also
don't use the window until you get it fixed. If you can figure out
how to get the door panel off without breaking anything please let me
know.

M.

Broken driver window system A6 2000 (repost) Josh Audi 2 September 28th 04 11:10 PM
Driver window A2 -2000 Josh Audi 0 September 6th 04 05:43 PM
Passenger side front window bill Audi 4 August 25th 04 07:27 AM
Alfa 33 front window [email protected] Alfa Romeo 2 July 21st 04 08:59 AM
VW Electric Window Switch Funny Behaviour Chris Audi 4 June 2nd 04 07:26 PM