Mitchell on demand DVD

Old December 18th 04, 07:26 AM
thongsai

Default Mitchell on demand DVD

any techs out there that work in a shop using mitchell on demand dvd? i
am looking for 2004 or newer dvd sets. both Import and Domestic. I know
that mitchell sends you guys new dvd every quarter so i would like your
old ones.
"one mans trash is another mans treasure"

Old December 19th 04, 01:48 AM
chip

On 17 Dec 2004 23:26:30 -0800, "thongsai" >
wrote:

>any techs out there that work in a shop using mitchell on demand dvd? i
>am looking for 2004 or newer dvd sets. both Import and Domestic. I know
>that mitchell sends you guys new dvd every quarter so i would like your
>old ones.
>"one mans trash is another mans treasure"

we have mitchell on demand. but there are no dvd's. it's all
online now. by the way mitchell sucks!!! i would much rather have
alldata.

Chip
Old December 19th 04, 02:57 AM
Bob

"chip" > wrote in message
> On 17 Dec 2004 23:26:30 -0800, "thongsai" >
> wrote:
>
>>any techs out there that work in a shop using mitchell on demand dvd? i
>>am looking for 2004 or newer dvd sets. both Import and Domestic. I know
>>that mitchell sends you guys new dvd every quarter so i would like your
>>old ones.
>>"one mans trash is another mans treasure"

> we have mitchell on demand. but there are no dvd's. it's all
> online now. by the way mitchell sucks!!! i would much rather have
> alldata.
>

> Chip

That's not true, I have the latest release in my hand right now. UPS brought
it on Friday and it came in the form of two DVDs for repair and two CDs for
estimating. Can I ask what it is about Alldata that you prefer over
Mitchell?
Bob

Old December 19th 04, 09:21 AM
Ted Mittelstaedt

"thongsai" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> any techs out there that work in a shop using mitchell on demand dvd? i
> am looking for 2004 or newer dvd sets. both Import and Domestic. I know
> that mitchell sends you guys new dvd every quarter so i would like your
> old ones.
> "one mans trash is another mans treasure"

The contract with Mitchell prohibits this - and there's a ready market on
Ebay for those that don't care about such things.

Naturally if someone is giving out sets I want one too!

Ted

Old December 19th 04, 04:23 PM
Neil Nelson

In article >,
"Ted Mittelstaedt" > wrote:

> "thongsai" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > any techs out there that work in a shop using mitchell on demand dvd? i
> > am looking for 2004 or newer dvd sets. both Import and Domestic. I know
> > that mitchell sends you guys new dvd every quarter so i would like your
> > old ones.
> > "one mans trash is another mans treasure"
> >

> The contract with Mitchell prohibits this - and there's a ready market on
> Ebay for those that don't care about such things.
>
> Naturally if someone is giving out sets I want one too!
>
> Ted

And you're going to unlock them how?
Old December 19th 04, 09:14 PM
pater

Most CD's or DVD's of this nature (updated every month or Quarter) are
"protected" by the manufacturer. Tried to open old parts discs that we
got new every month & found that you can't just take 'em home & stick
'em in your home computor & read them. Gotta be used in their equipment
thats tied to the manu. with a phone line to get 'em to work. I'm gonna
think that mitchell has their a$$ covered on that one too. So "old
discs that your not usin' anymore" really don't exist in the first
place.

Old December 19th 04, 10:24 PM
shiden_kai

pater wrote:

> Most CD's or DVD's of this nature (updated every month or Quarter) are
> "protected" by the manufacturer. Tried to open old parts discs that we
> got new every month & found that you can't just take 'em home & stick
> 'em in your home computer & read them. Gotta be used in their
> equipment that's tied to the manu. with a phone line to get 'em to
> work. I'm gonna think that mitchell has their a$$ covered on that one
> too. So "old discs that your not usin' anymore" really don't exist in
> the first place.

You "can" find unlock discs or manipulated discs that allow you
to run any of these programs. It's just a matter of knowing what
to look for, and where to find it.

Ian

Old December 23rd 04, 07:57 AM
thongsai

so please contact me if u have old 2004 dvds. alldata is more
detailed.. but 100 gigs is too big lol.. i understand mitchell would
not like it, but might as well sell it to me if u dont use it.. i just
need the 2 data dvds.. let me worry about installing em.

Old May 29th 05, 11:19 PM
mitch

I have the DVDs and the actual program that I will trade for working install
disks. Mine expired on 01-19-2005.

(remove the '000' from my email address)

oups.com...

Old May 31st 05, 10:02 PM
*

You might try re-setting the date on your computer to before the expiration
date, then setting it back after you've installed the program........

Computers and software are, after all, really pretty stupid.....

mitch > wrote in article