Auto Lock - DISABLE???

Old August 14th 06, 07:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
[email protected]

Default Auto Lock - DISABLE???

Hello,
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to turn off the "Auto Lock"
feature in a 97 Explorer.
If I am not referring to this correctly, I am talking about the
"feature" where the vehilcle automatically locks the doors once you
start driving!
I HATE THIS FEATURE and would love to disable it.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You!
Frank!

Old August 16th 06, 08:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Frank Berger

> wrote in message
ps.com...
> Hello,
> Can anyone tell me if it is possible to turn off the "Auto Lock"
> feature in a 97 Explorer.
> If I am not referring to this correctly, I am talking about the
> "feature" where the vehilcle automatically locks the doors once you
> start driving!
> I HATE THIS FEATURE and would love to disable it.
>
> Any information would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Thank You!
> Frank!

I did this on my '2000. The procedure given in the owner's manual was not
correct. I found the instructions on-line somewhere. I'll look when I get
chance, though I don't know if it's the same for a '97.

Old August 21st 06, 08:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
nmcq

I do NOT have the keyless entry system, nor any computer/setup screen
stuff. Does anyone know if the autolock can be disabled WITHOUT having
the keyless entry on-board?

thx

--
Posted at author's request, using
http://www.AutoBoardz.com interface

Old August 25th 06, 01:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
C. E. White[_1_]

Try this (no guarantees):

Enabling and Disabling

The enable/disable mode allows the autolock feature to be turned oft and on.
The enable/disable mode is entered when the following series of steps is
performed:
1. Close all of the doors.
2. Confirm that the ignition switch is in the OFF position.
Note:
Steps 3 through 7 must be performed within 30 seconds.
3. Turn the ignition switch from OFF to RUN.
4. Press the power door lock UNLOCK button three times.
5. Turn the ignition switch from RUN to OFF.
6. Press the power door lock UNLOCK button three times.
7. Turn the ignition switch from OFF to RUN.
8. Verify that the RAP module chirps the horn. This indicates that the RAP
module is now in the enable/disable mode and ready to accept program
changes.
9. Press the power door lock UNLOCK button one time to command the RAP
module to toggle the autolock/relock feature OFF.
10. Press the power door lock LOCK button once to enter the command.
11. Verify that the vehicle horn (13832) chirps one time to signal the RAP
module confirmation of the command. There should only be one chirp
indicating that autolock/relock feature has been disabled. If one chirp is
heard, followed by a longer honk, the autolock/relock feature has just been
enabled. Return to step 9.
12. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position to exit the enable/disable
mode.
13. Verify that the RAP module chirps the horn once to indicate that a
feature has been changed and that autolock/relock has been disabled. The
autolock feature is turned on at the factory. The RAP module returns to the
prior setting any time battery power is interrupted.

Ed