Remote key fob - replacement

Old February 12th 05, 02:27 AM
David

Yes, that is true. Same **** just a different pile!

>> And Rovers! What
>> about that great english import to the U.S.! Sterling! Wow, and they
>> copied
>> the great Honda!

> This will be the Honda that are consistently the best selling car in the
> US, then?

Exactly! The limey's borrowed the great japanese engineering and ****ed it
up. Explain how Honda's are reliable. except the Sterlings could not even
get off the dealers lot without breaking down.
Were is Sterling? Duh, they cannot even copy good engineering without
ruining it, and ****ing it up. Duh! Answer the question hero!

How, can they actually have the enginnering plans to build a Honda, and
cannot do it!!!! Oh, nationalistic pride, of doing it the British way. Oh,
Brilliant old chap, we have Honda's engineering plans, but let's not do it
that way, and let's just keep doing it our way. Oh, the headlights fall out?
Oh, that may be why Honda did that. Lets just tape them in, were British and
so damn good.

>> Hah! Are there any English made and owned vehicles?
>> NOOOOOOO!

> TVR. But they make proper sportscars, so you wouldn't be interested.

TVR makes kit cars!

>> Jaguar Quality when it was built and owned by limey's was????

> You're barking up the wrong tree here - where exactly do you think
> Jaguars are built?

Now! owned by americans and engineered by americans, oh, and now a quality
vehicle.
The Question was what quality did they have when owned and made by British.
Am I typing to fast for you.
But what about when it was owned by the limey's and built by them, Oh yah,
Don't answer that question again. It was ****ty.
Oh, But not so bad, as when the Jaguar electronics fried, and engines bit
it, you could just put in a Chevy conversion, so it would be reliable.

> And whilst we're at it. How about Rolls Royce and Bentley? - not British
> owned, but British built.

Exactly, and the quality has improved drastically since the limey's do not
engineer or own the companies. Hell the Jag is a Ford Taurus, and the
quality improved, just from re-badging a ford sedan from the U.S. Go figure

Oh, yah!!!!

Oh, it's raining, better not drive your authentic British engineered and
built MG, It will short out and die!
Oh, and the great Triumph sports cars. All ready rusted, when they came out
of the factory. Rust bubbles, under the paint. Brilliant Watson.
Just like a Yugo, or Skoda.

>> Oh, Shiitteee!

> OK, point me in the direction of a car designed and built in the US that
> actually stands up to comparison with it's European / Japanese
> competitors?

Chrysler 300C, Any Pickup Truck, Jeep Grand Cherokee, made in US! not in
Graz. Dodge Durango, Chevy Yukon, Hell, any Us made vehicle has better
quality then BMW, and Mercedes-Benz. Even the Mercededes Service Rep I
worked with admitted the Jeep had better quality then Mercedes.

Old February 12th 05, 04:30 AM
Alistair J Murray

David wrote:

[...]

>>TVR. But they make proper sportscars, so you wouldn't be interested.

> TVR makes kit cars!

Not in decades. Very bespoke now. They don't even buy in many
components these days.

They have however been Russian owned for a couple of months.

Trade Oil in €
Old February 12th 05, 08:15 AM
Tim S Kemp

David wrote:

> Are there any English made and
> owned vehicles? NOOOOOOO!

LTI.

Caterham.

--
We are the keepers of the sacred words: Ni, Pang,
and Ni-wom!

Old February 12th 05, 08:21 AM
Tim S Kemp

David wrote:

>> OK, point me in the direction of a car designed and built in the US
>> that actually stands up to comparison with it's European / Japanese
>> competitors?

> Chrysler 300C,

Isn't Chrysler owned by the Germans these days and their new quality models
based on Mercedes bits, such as the 300c, the crossfire etc...

> Any Pickup Truck,

Rubbish. We just don't go in for pickup trucks - no market demand, and the
Japanese ones are better - Toyota make the best.

> Jeep Grand Cherokee, made in US! not
> in Graz. Dodge Durango, Chevy Yukon, Hell, any Us made vehicle has
> better quality then BMW, and Mercedes-Benz. Even the Mercededes
> Service Rep I worked with admitted the Jeep had better quality then
> Mercedes.

4x4s / SUVs? How come that world wide LandRover (who have been the best long
before Ford's ownership) are the favourite? The Defender is king of the off
road, RangeRover the king of the luxury off-roader, Freelander is the
"lifestyle" machine for off-road use. In fact the US buys a lot of them.

Oh sorry, seppos don't drive off road, they just like their gas-guzzling
unsafe rollover car crushing SUVs to be big don't they.

As for quality - ever wonder why you guys have such busy service
departments? The cars are built poorly from cheap materials - if it wasn't
for the dealers gluing them together they'd never last.

Old February 12th 05, 08:44 AM
Adrian

Daniel J. Stern ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

>> With the exception of the old Cherokee and the Grand Cherokee, which
>> were/are bought by idiots only, they've managed to sell a grand total
>> of about three cars in this whole country.

> That may be so, but the entire UK also covers 94 square kilomiles,
> which is only one square kilomile smaller than the land mass of...
>
> ...Oregon.
>
> Oregon is only one United State. There are forty-nine others, which
> together with oregon total 3537 square kilomiles. That alone comprises
> a home market a shade under thirty-eight times larger than the UK.

An alternative way to look at it is that we have a population of 60 million
- or more than the two most populous states (California and Texas) added
together, with enough left over to cover roughly the 10 least populous.
Old February 12th 05, 08:46 AM
Adrian

David ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying :

> "SteveH" > wrote in message

>> I'm not saying that a Rover would be any better, but we seem to have
>> a tiny bit of a problem here, in that Vauxhalls actually are yank
>> ****e.

> owned by americans , but Designed and built by limey's.

Umm, no. They're neither 'merkin ****e nor our own ****e.

Vauxhall/Opels are designed and built by Krauts. The last British designed
Vauxhall was the HC Viva, launched in 1970.
Old February 12th 05, 08:48 AM
Adrian

David ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying :

> Hell, any Us made vehicle has
> better quality then BMW, and Mercedes-Benz.

How about the Merc ML? Built by 'merkins, and bottom of the quality surveys
over here.
Old February 12th 05, 09:15 AM
AstraVanMan

> > > I'm not surprised to see somebody bashing Chrysler in a Chrysler
> > > newsgroup.

> > We're not. We're bashing them in uk.rec.cars.misc

> Check your Newsgroups: line. You're also bashing them in
> rec.autos.makers.chrysler. Please edit it and go away.

I think you missed his point.

--
Peter

Get Circumcised to e-mail me

Old February 12th 05, 09:38 AM
Adrian

David ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying :

>> You're barking up the wrong tree here - where exactly do you think
>> Jaguars are built?

> Now! owned by americans and engineered by americans

I wonder exactly what they do in the rather large Engineering Centre at
Whitley, then?

> oh, and now a quality vehicle.

Umm, no. (With the exception of the XJ) Jags are now rebadged Fords - in
the case of the X-type, a German Ford, the Mondeo.

> Am I typing to fast for you.

We just can't understand your accent, so you'll have to be subtitled or
remade - but without the humo(u)r...
Old February 12th 05, 12:24 PM
sandiyan

> > part # 5014736AA $36.30
>
> We have this key fob in stock, there is the part number for your fob if you
> want to order it from a dealer in London.

I tried this part number at couple of main dealers(Clive Sutton in
Kinsbury and Balham in London) and they said its not for Neon(1996)...
and said that Chrysler have stopped maintaining the old remote and for
those who wanted replacement should buy the whole unit!
And he also said that if you can get one from somewhere they could
re-program it for free as its a 1996 model.

Someone mentioned key cutters Timpsons - can they do car remote as
well?

help....

Thanks,
Sandiyan.