2WD Wrangler...?????

Old September 29th 06, 09:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Noneyabusiness

Default 2WD Wrangler...?????

Aren't Wranglers historically always 4wd?

Just started seeing commercials for the new 4 door Wrangler.

At the end, in the disclaimer section, it says something about prices
starting with two wheel drive version ...???

What would be the point of a 2wd Wrangler ???

For the record, I see no point in 2wd Cherokees either ;-)

Old September 29th 06, 01:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Matt Macchiarolo

Sure it didn't say 2-door version?

Old September 29th 06, 02:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Spdloader

"Matt Macchiarolo" > wrote in message
> Sure it didn't say 2-door version?

I've seen that add too, it clearly says 2 wheel drive.

Spdloader

Old September 29th 06, 02:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Spdloader

I forgot to say, there is also a 4x2 option on the Jeep website, plain as
day.

Spdloader

Old September 29th 06, 02:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jeeper

I saw a 4 dr 2WD sahara at the dealer here with power locks & power windows
dual tops for 30k dollars... sold immediately WOW

Old September 29th 06, 02:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

Nope, I have seen it also. The first 'Wrangler' Jeep ever to be sold in
Canada comes in 2 wheel drive. Go figure....

A Wrangler with it's light rear end is worse than a sports car in 2
wheel drive in snow.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old September 29th 06, 02:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Stupendous Man

2wd would be adequate for 90% of Jeep owners, just not their egos.
--
Stupendous Man,

Old September 29th 06, 05:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_1_]

That's why you put sand bags or old cast iron radiators in the back.

Earle

Old September 29th 06, 06:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jeepnstein

The old mail Jeeps were 2wd, weren't they? I'd never own a 2wd but if
it keeps sales up to the point Daimler keeps Wranglers alive for a few
more years I'm all for it. If I ever wear out my '97 I might need to
buy a new one.

J.

Old September 30th 06, 05:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

Two wheel drives were called Delivery trucks
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/